Sunday, 15 February 2009

Colour Create - Week 3

Well, you crafty lot! What a wonderful response there was to last week's peach and aqua challenge over at Colour Create. I must admit, they may not be the most obvious colours to use, and some of you found them hard but, well, you really surprised yourselves, didn't you? Thanks to everyone that took that leap out of their comfort zone to participate in the challenge. You were all amazing.

This week, we have some more traditional colours to sweep away those winter blues (sorry about the pun) and make us think of summer. This week you're challenged to make a card with:

Red, White, and Blue.

and the optional extra is to include:

Holidays or Travel.

This is the picture we have been given to take our inspiration from.



I've changed style again this week, opting for a quote. I think this is the first ever quote card I have made. Isn't that sentiment great? I've kept the layout very simple and the embellishment to a minimum so that all the impact is on the quote.

Ingredients:
Papers: Basic grey and K&Co, Red mirror card and white paper.
Stamp: Swirl that was free in Cardmaking & Papercraft in Feb (used this to create the background paper)
Embellishments: red bows, white satin ribbon, white pearls and red cotton all from my stash.
Sentiment: Printed on my PC and inked up with Tim Holtz China Blue Distress Ink.

Once again the design team have made some outstanding creations - they will surely make you want to go and book a summer holiday! Please pop over to look at them, they are certainly worth the visit. I hope you'll find time to join in the challenge too.

Sharon xx

15 comments:

Kirsten said...

Morning Sharon! This is beautiful, the colours are fab & I love the sentiment. Enjoy your Sunday.

Nicola said...

Brilliant card Sharon and what a wonderful quote. Great layout and this swirl stamp looks yummy, wish my mag would hurry up and arrive. -x-

Pauline C said...

Another fab card Sharon - love that quote and your papers are yummy! Hope you are enjoying your weekend
Pauline x

Donalda said...

oh you have done a wonderful job with the challenge dear. It is just beautiful

Georgia said...

I love this Sharon - you're right, it's a great sentiment and I think you've used the given colours really well! Brill card!
xxx

bolha said...

Gorgeos card! Beautiful sentiment.
x Natasha x

Tara said...

This is just so pretty Sharon, I love your layout and it really is the perfect sentiment! xx

Tab said...

Fab card Sharon, love the wording and really like the pearl details too!
Hugs Tab xxx

Rica said...

Great card Sharon - I love quotes and verses, but don't do many. Why - ? Great work with your background stamping.
Have you visited the 'The Quote Carden' they have so many super quotes there.
hugs Heather xx

Boots the Monkey (Jo) said...

This is gorgeous Sharon and what a wonderful quote. I love your layout and the papers you have used. Just perfect.

Hugs,

Jo x

Sandra said...

great card Sharon. I really enjoyed joining in with this weeks challenge. Thanks for your kind comment on my blog, it was really encouraging :o)
Hugs
Sandra xx

Marlou said...

your card is fab!! Sharon :)

Maria Matter said...

I really like the way you did this Sharon, especially the little white pearls! Great quote, great papers and great colors, of course! I think it's fun to try different styles! It keeps everyone guessing!!!
Blessings, Maria

Chris said...

Fabulous Sharon! I adore the sentiment and I think you aced the colours on this challenge it's a gorgeous and elegant card. Chris xxx

Helen said...

Fab card! That's a great sentiment!
Helen x

Slideshow