Thursday, 19 February 2009

Cuddles and Hugs - Charisma Challenge 7

It's time for a good old cuddle and hug over at the Charisma Cardz Challenge this week. Carly has put up an enormous prize for the challenge - Over £80 worth of goodies! It's very rare to see a prize of that value on a challenge blog, isn't it? Make sure you get an entry in to be in with a chance of winning.

Before I get onto my DT card for the challenge, I have to tell you all that I am no longer the guest designer for Charisma Cardz. However, I have been offered a permanent position on the Charisma DT, which I have accepted. Thanks Carly. So I'm now a fully-fledged member of the Charisma DT. Yippee!

Right, on to the card for Carly's challenge this week. I remembered that one of my blogging friends had sent me a RAK with the ideal image for 'cuddles and hugs' (you know who you are hun - I'd hate you to get in trouble by naming you, but I thank you so much). I love this image and really wish I could get my hands on this stamp. The stripy paper was also sent in another RAK.


This was my first attempt at using some ProMarkers to colour an image. I think I need a few more shades and a bit more practice, but I was pleasantly surprised with the results. I really enjoyed using them.

I thought I'd show the inside, for a change, just to prove that I'm still keeping my promise to decorate them, even though I don't always take a picture of the insides.


Items Used:
Stamps: Penny Black 'Simply Friends Rain or Shine' , Papermania 'Love and Hugs, Creative Expressions Swirl
Papers: Pearlised cream paper, Basic Grey and a RAK paper
Promarker shades: Blue Pearl, Cornflower, Blossom, Pastel Pink, Vanilla, Saffron, Pastel Green
Watercolour pencils used for the hair, flesh and grey on the pinafore, White Acrylic used for highlights
Gold Liquid Pearls
Blue Ink, Clear Embossing Powder, Gems, Ribbon and flowers from my stash.

17 comments:

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card, wonderful PB image and beautiful colours too. Well done on your DT place.

Lorraine A said...

Fabulous card, very cute image, I have never seen that one before. Love the papers and swirly stamped images too :-)
Congratulations on being appointed to the DT :-)
Well done !
Lorraine

Paula said...

This is Stunning Sharon and i know cos i have the card now lol lol. The colour combo is great and that image is beautiful.
Paula xxxx

Riet said...

woww Sharon,what a beatiful card,l love the image.

hugs Riet.xx

Georgia said...

Absolutely gorgeous Sharon! I love the selection of colours you've used. I really like the image too! Love it! :D
Hugs, Georgia xx

6 wacky women said...

Gorgeous card, Sharon.
Your coloring is fabulous, love the colors and the dp. So pretty.
Congratulations on the DT spot. Great news!!

Karen x

Sue said...

Absolutley gorgeous card, lovely colours,gorg papers,cute image, sue.x

Tara said...

Brilliant card Sharon, what a lovely image! You look like you've been using those ProMarkers for ages hun, a fantastic job! xx

my5bratz said...

simply gorgeous

Pauline C said...

Hi Sharon - this is really gorgeous - love the way you have coloured the image (it is a fab stamp isn't it?) and the colour scheme with the papers etc - and another fab inside.
Hugs :-)
Pauline x

Nicola said...

OOh what beautiful colouring, loive this stamp and your dp´s too.
Congratulations on your DT position. -x-

Donna said...

Very pretty card Sharon and such lovely colours too :) Donna x

Donalda said...

Big Congrats dear I am so happy for you.
Just love your image dear so beautiful colored as always hon

Sarita said...

Congrats on your DT call Sharon-wow you're going to be one busy bee!!
Beautiful card Sharon, and I think your colouring is wonderful,
Love Sarita xx

Kirsten said...

Hi Sharon, this is beautiful. You chose great colours & the image is perfect.

Helen said...

Lovely card! Fab coour combination...love the inside too!
Helen x

Bev said...

Oh this is fabulous honey - love that stamp and you've coloured it to perfection

Slideshow