Sunday, 22 February 2009

Cute and Cuddly!


I had a fabulous time making this card. What can be better than beautiful soft colours, pretty embellishments and a cutie image to work with? This one is for the Colour Create challenge which has the following image for inspiration:
Awww - how cute is that Nellie? Well, you've probably guessed that the colours are Pink and Grey this week and the optional extra is 'Cute and Cuddly'.

My card centered around the image I was given in a RAK. I'm so sorry that I can't tell you who it is by and what its name is - but if you know I'd really appreciate you leaving me a comment with the info because it was such a joy to colour.

I seem to have gone back to my old style of "doing a bit of everything" on one card. Not a style I'd particularly recommend because some of my cards have ended up looking like a train wreck using this method. ;o) Anyhow, on this one there is stitching, doodling, inking, liquid pearls. I drew the line at distressing because I wanted it to keep it pretty.
Ingredients:
Papers: DCWV Wedding Prints Stack
Stamp: Unknown (sorry)
Flowers: A combination of Making Memories Hydrangea, Prima with Woodware amd L-Em stamens punched elements.
Ribbons, Daisy trim, brads, card candy, pin, liquid pearls and sentiment all from my stash.

The rest of the DT have really done some amazing work this week. I always feel so humbled when I see those talented girl's creations each week. Please pop over and take a look and we'd love to see an entry from you!

25 comments:

Nicola said...

Ooh I am loving the pink and grey, these papers are gorgeous as is this cutie image. Flowers are the perfect finish to your beautiful card Sharon. -x-

Heather "Hev" said...

That is absolutely gorgeous and no train wreck I can assure you!!

The koala is so adorable :)

Ann said...

Sharon I popped over from the challenge blog because I liked your card so much. It's just beautiful. I absolutely love your blog background too can I be really cheeky and ask where you go it - it's so subtle.
Off to have a look at the other work on your blog

Ann xxx

nessy said...

wow , what a pretty,pretty card ~gorgeous colours
vanessa xx

Boots the Monkey (Jo) said...

Hi Sharon

Your card is so gorgeous and that little Koala is adorable, no wonder you want to find him !

I love the papers you have used and all the other embellies which work so well together.

Have a great week and until the next one.....

Hugs,

Jo x

Tab said...

Hey Sharon, what a stunning card we have here. Love the image, and I think it's a High Hopes stamps.....I think LOL! Coloured beautifully, and I aore all the little embellies!
Hugs and Mwahs
Tab xxx

Tasha said...

Sharon this card is absolutely stunning it's so gorgeous! i love it love tasha xx

Georgia said...

This is really lovely! I love the image and the pink flower trimming - it looks so pretty! Brilliant card! :D
Love, Georgia xx

Donalda said...

Oh hon this is just gorgeous!!!!!!!!! Love the colors and all your detail you put on the card is gorgeous dear just beautiful

gina g said...

aww Sharon this is gorgeous sweet image love the layout. luv gina xx

Judy's Crafty Moments said...

This is soo lovely You have done a marvellous job! I love all the l;ayer and stitching and those flowers are so pretty. Gorgeous image and definetely cute and cuddly!
Judy xx

Pauline C said...

This is totally adorable Sharon - the image is incredibly cute and I lvoe all your details and flower arrangement!
Hope youa re having a good weekend ;-)
Pauline x

Sarita said...

This is just soo incredibly cute-what an adorable little Koala. And I don't believe in less is more lol, all your embellishments are perfect,
Love Sarita xx

Kirsten said...

OH-MY-GOODNESS!!! Sharon, this is absolutely gorgeous; beautiful colours, very cute image & fab details.

Dawn said...

Hiya sharon

I loved your card this week - the design and layers are gorgeous!

Chris said...

Absolutely stunning card Sharon! I just love all the great details and clever ideas you incorporate into your cards every week, you're such an inspiration, no sign of any train wreck here LOL. Wonderful image and colouring, it's all so beautifully soft and pretty. Chris xxx

Bev said...

Aww this sure is cute and cuddly sweetie - how adorable is that little Koala. Such fantastic details too - a stunning card!!

Paula said...

Oh Sharon this is absolutly Stunning the colour's are Fantastic together and the image is so so cute all the detail you have added is Fantastic hun.
Paula xxxx

Tara said...

Oh Sharon this really is a beauty. It's so subtle and delicate and I think the little Koala is the perfect choice for cute and cuddly........ a real pink and grey masterpiece! xx

Helen said...

Beautiful card Sharon! Love the soft shades of pink and grey you've used - gorgeous!
Helen x

Rica said...

This is absolutely beautiful Sharon - I just love everyhthing about it. The flowers, the papers, the image - all are so pretty.
hugs Heather xx

Louly said...

Well this one is definitely not a train wreck! It all fits together perfectly. What a beautiful card. I love the colour combo.

6 wacky women said...

Absolutley gorgeous card, Sharon.
I love your old way of doing a little bit of everything!! The colors and papers are beautiful and I just love all your amazing detail. I truly love this card!!

Karen x

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

Good morning Sharon, this card is absolutely gorgeous. I love the delicate colours you've chosen and what a truly gorgeous koala image!! i love the papers you've used and there is so much extra detail! stunning card, hugs Linda x

debby4000 said...

Oh he is gorgeous wonderful colours and love the floral corner with the ribbon.

Slideshow