Saturday, 7 February 2009

Liquid Pearl Crazy

Do you ever get some new crafty item .......and then 'do it to death'? I got some liquid pearls before Christmas and hadn't really had the chance to use them until recently. I think I went a little mad with them on this card!

The One Stop Craft Challenge this week has been set by Paula and she's challenged us with


Circles (or dots)


I loved making my first circle card this week, so I thought I would do another one for this challenge. It didn't quite turn out the way I had it pictured in my head, but it is growing on me.



Ingredients:

Stamp: Kodomo Butterflies stamp set, silver mirror card, lilac glitter card, lilac textured paper, mint spotty paper is something I designed myself, mint green and lavender liquid pearls, Debbi Moore sentiment stamp, Classic large scallop Nesties.

Ribbon, skeleton leaf and flowers are from my stash.

Sharon

15 comments:

Kim Dellow said...

Oh I know exactly what you mean! Looks fabby though. Kim

Sharon said...

This is really pretty Sharon. I bought some liquid pearls a couple of weeks ago but haven't used them yet.

Donalda said...

Oh hon that is just beautiful!!!!! I have some but you know I have never ever used them lol But you have made me want to try after seeing your beautiful work with them dear Hugs

Paula said...

This is Beautiful Sharon love all the deatail.
Paula xxxx

cats whiskers said...

Oh wow dear this is just gorgeous I love the pearly dots, I have tried but get them all different sizes must persevere I syppose anyway this is just perfect
Hugs Jacqui x

Pauline C said...

Very pretty Sharon - love the butterfly and all the detail.Have a great weekend
Pauline x

Nicola said...

Ooh this is gorgeous hun, I love your ribbon element and all the gorgeous liquid pearls so must try and get some when I come to UK next month. Another beautiful circular card too. -x-

Tara said...

Why do these cards never turn out quite hoe we imagine them? Weird isn't it? This is happening to me this afternoon with a card I am making! Maybe you should just stop daydreaming, hee hee!! I'm loving your circular cards - not sure if I'm brave enough to have a go though! Oh, and the liquid pearls look brilliant! xx

Bev said...

Oooh this is gorgoeus honey - love the soft pretty pastels and the liquid pearls. Stunning

hugs Bev x

pinky said...

Both cards are so pretty, love their soft colouring and the pearly dots add that little something!
Pinky

Faye said...

Wow, Sharon. I love the look! The concentric circles are so beautiful. Yes, I do use my new toys to death! But "ain't" it fun?

CraftyC said...

Great card Sharon. I love my liquid pearls, I only really use them as a centre for flowers as I love the pearlness of them. Bet you get more colours soon!
Clairex

neverenoughrubberstamps said...

Your blog is just BEAUTIFUL!

I can only hope to have one as beautiful as yours.

Please check out my new Rubberstamping/cardmaking blog.

http://www.neverenoughrubberstamps.blogspot.com

Cheers from Canada,

Dorothy

tiggertastic said...

oh wow what an amazing make, this is stunning

sarah x

Maggie Bob said...

I think the liquid pearls look great - there's no such thing as too much of a good thing ;o)

xx

Slideshow