Tuesday, 24 February 2009

A mad week and a card

Stop the world....I want to get off! Oh my! I'm having the most hectic week ever and it won't be over until Sunday. I love being busy, but even for me this week has been crazy. Tomorrow I have an interview at work - I don't think I'll get the position because I haven't been there very long but, hey, if an opportunity arrives you just have to grab it with both hands don't you? Thursday I'm having an early start and late finish because I have to go up to London with work (8.30 am start - yuck!). Friday I'm baking a birthday cake and cupcakes and generally tidying the house because on Saturday my granddaughter is 1 year old (and the party will be at my house). I'll be exhausted by Sunday. Thank goodness I have a few DT cards for challenges that I can schedule on my blog.

So, sorry if I haven't been around to your blog this week - I will make it up to you all as soon as I get a minute to breathe.

Right, enough waffle. Here's the card I made for Sketch Saturday. I've rotated the sketch by 90 degrees because I wanted to use this little mouse stamp. It has been sitting in my drawer for some time gathering dust., so I brushed it off and inked it up especially for this challenge. I've used a combination of ProMarkers and watercolour pencils to colour it in.

The close-up was to show that my cards are fairly 3d. It doesn't often show the different levels in a photo taken front on.

Ingredients:
Paper: Basic Grey Offbeat
Stamp: Penny Black Love Tail
Prima Flowers (Got Flowers and Part Deux),
Ribbons from local pound shop,
L-Em stamens punch,
A tiny woodware snowflake punch
A few spots of Mint Green Liquid Pearls
Sizzix Flower Parts #2 Set #1 (the blue swirly bits)
ProMarkers and Water colour pencils
Doodling, Inking and stitching .

14 comments:

All Pink girl said...

Stunning card Sharon xxxx fabulous colours and detail xx
hope the interview goes well got my fingers crossed for you ,hugs Dawnxxx

Riet said...

what a gorgeous card Sharon.

hugs Riet.xx

Tasha said...

Wow Sharon this is so beautiful the attention to detail is amazing - this is stunning
love tasha xx

Nicola said...

Ooh what a beautiful card Sharon, poor liddle meeces needing dusting off . . . how could you neglect this gorgeous stamp. Love your layout and dp´s. -x-

cats whiskers said...

Oh Hun it all sounds so stressful, hope you have a rest next week dear. This is a beautiful card the colouring combo and papers are fantastic and such a cute image I love it
Hugs Jacqui x

debby4000 said...

Oh this is so cute, love the mice and the beautiful colours and great stitching too.

Georgia said...

Aww, this is such a cute image and I love the colours! Te flowers are lovely!
Love, Georgia xx

Bev said...

What a ssensational card honey - LOVE the delish colour combo and adorable image. Wonderful details too. Bev x

Paula said...

Hi Sharon this is beautiful love the colour combo and the image is soooo sweet. All the detail is fab hun.
Paula xxxx

gina g said...

Hi Sharon love this card the colours are fab and love the stitching. Hope you get on ok at your interview and my hasn't that year just flown by lol. luv gina xx

Pauline C said...

Gorgeous Sharon - love this image and your colours - fab ribbon and swirls.
Pauline x

Tara said...

Fabby card Sharon and I love the colours! I've spotted you stamen punch and I need it, lol!!
Happy Birthday to your granddaughter for tomorrow - bless!! xx

Ria said...

Gorgeouss card :)
Thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday
hugs Ria

6 wacky women said...

Just beautiful, Sharon.
Amazing coloring of those little darings. I really love the colors and the flower spray is wonderful!

Karen x

Slideshow