Friday, 13 February 2009

Marabou Magic

At last! A card I absolutely adore.

It has been so long since I have been happy with a card that I've made. Those of you that know me well will know how hard I am on myself all the time. Well, aren't we all? But for once I am really happy. Okay, it hasn't got fancy swirls and doodling and stitching and it was quick to make - but this has just reminded me that 'less is more'.

I made this with my February DT pack from One Stop Card Crafts. The full instructions will be on the One Stop Crafts blog sometime soon (possibly today) with direct links to the items you need to make the card.

I have also provided the instructions for the inside of the card on that blog. I've left the inside without a sentiment (because I didn't want to spoil the simplicity of the card). Half a white section has been left for the sender to write on.
I hope you like it as much as I do. It looks even better in real life.

18 comments:

Nicola said...

Wow Sharon I adore this card hun, so so elegant and your feathers set this off to perfection. -x-

Paula said...

Oh wow Sharon this is Stunning and so eligant love those feather's.
Paula xxxx

Tara said...

It's fabulous Sharon, so glamorous with those feathers and the colours are perfect. That's a gorgeous image too, I love those old fashioned ones.
Stunning card! xxx

Donalda said...

This is just gorgeous dear. Going to have to go check it out hon.

Debbie said...

Stunning card Sharon, the image is gorgeous and I love the black & white colour scheme and the beautiful feathers. Debbie x

Georgia said...

How brilliant! What a great idea! I love this card as I love the black and white and the feathers look pretty!
xx

Kirsten said...

This is gorgeous Sharon, I love the feathers.

PatR said...

I love this card it's so classy and glamorous. I'm not surprised you're pleased with it. x

pinky said...

Beautiful! a truely elegant card any woman would love to receive.
Pinky

Pauline C said...

Ooh this is lovely Sharon - I love those feathers and the layout is so stylish - very cool !
pauline x

Rach said...

this is gorgeous.love the feathers and your layout.xx

Sharon said...

Fab card Sharon. It's great when a card you make really 'works' isn't it?

cats whiskers said...

Oh Hun no wonder you are happy with this card it is amazing, makes me remember what I went into card making for, we don't see enough of this type of card. I just think this is so classy, mad me want to get my CDs out now
Hugs Jacqui x

6 wacky women said...

Sharon, this card is absolutley fabulous!!!
You should be really happy about it, just amazing with the black/white and the feathers.
I just love it!!

Karen x

Bev said...

Fabulous!! Those feathers just finish the gorgeous card off to perfection Sharon

hugs Bevx

gina g said...

Fab card Sharon i have some of these images will have to get them out now lol. gina xx

Maria Matter said...

Wow, Sharon, this IS stunning!
Love this image and those fun feathers!!!!
Blessings, Maria

Mimiko said...

This is just beautiful :)

Slideshow