Wednesday, 4 February 2009

Papertake - Hearts and Flowers

I'm on a roll this week! It must be having a tidy craft area that is allowing me to concentrate better. Here's my entry for the Papertake Weekly Challenge of Hearts and flowers challenge.

I wanted to do something less 'fussy', with different colours (for me) and I wanted a spotty flower too. I don't have any spotty flowers so I just took a whispers pen and dotted it over a fabric flower - I think it has turned out okay.

Rather than show the inside of this card I've gone for a close-up. Hopefully you'll be able to see the layers of the mat, the hearts and the different levels on the flower too.Ingredients:
Papermania Special Effects Cream embossed paper. Basic Grey Ambrosia paper. Black card and yellow paper. Anita's everyday spotted ribbon, Fiskars border punch, Sizzix Hearts (paisley), lemon raffia, L-Em stamens punch, Prima flowers, and black pen for doodling.

Sharon

12 comments:

ScrapyCrafter said...

Very very cute! I like how you layed out the scallop lace. That flower is very pretty!
Here is my 1st PTWC - Check it out!

Jamie Martin said...

Very pretty and great color combo, love it!

cats whiskers said...

Oh wow I like this very very much, that flower is delicious and the colour scheme is perfect, brilliant card hun
ugs Jacqui x

Tara said...

Great idea for the flower Sharon, I love the dotty effect! These colours are fab too, really nice design and layout! xx

nessy said...

these colours work so well together ~nice for a change!! that flower is amazing!!
vanessa xx

Heather "Hev" said...

I like this Sharon - its very rustic :)

Well done :)

Kirsten said...

Wow, this is stunning! The colours are great - I love the black.

Nicola said...

Wow, I just love this flower Sharon, you really are a clever crafter.Your colour combo is fab, so refreshing. -x-

Pauline C said...

Fab colour scheme and layout Sharon, and I love the idea of "dotting" the flowers - I'll have to try that ! :-)
Pauline x

Paula said...

Absolutly Stunning as alway's hun. Love the paper's and colour's.
Paula xxxx

Tanya said...

What a beautiful card Sharon! Love the colours and that flower!!
Hugs, Tanya
xx

steph said...

Lovely card Sharon! Thanks for joining us for the PTW challenge! x

Slideshow