Saturday, 28 February 2009

Simply Stunning!

When I saw the title of this week's challenge over at the One Stop Craft Challenge my initial thought was 'that's my worst nightmare'. I must admit that it is one of the hardest I have ever had to do, but I really did enjoy it.

Donna chose this week's theme as:

Simply Stunning

The idea is to keep your card really simple and to use no designer or backing papers.

Luckily I had these beautiful KanBan Vintage Adverts toppers in my DT kit this month, and to be honest, I love them so much that I can't stop using them! They really do suit a simple card.

For this card I layered the topper up onto plain red, white and black card. I lightly inked the edges of my card blank with red ink, embossed the With Love sentiment using the Cuttlebug 'With Love' border folder and inked over it with a Whispers pen. The black border is some velvet ribbon and the final touch is 1 red and 2 black gems at each corner of the topper.

Please pop over to the One Stop Challenge to see the simply stunning cards made by the other DT members.

Right, I'm off now to get the house ready for my granddaughter's 1st birthday party. I may be back later....as long as the little ones don't exhaust me too much!

12 comments:

debby4000 said...

Fabulous card, I would find this challenge hard too but you've done a brilliant job.

Tasha said...

This is wonderful Sharon - i love the colours and sentiment
love tasha xx

Georgia said...

Lovely card! I love the red and black - it's so striking! The gems are really pretty too, I love it!
Love, Georgia xx

Paula said...

Great card Sharon love the topper you have used its fab.
Paula xxxx

Maria Matter said...

Now, Sharon, this is simply stunning! Love that topper and your embossed sentiment! Splendid job on this challenge!
blessings, Maria

Congrats on your granddaughter's first birthday!

Riet said...

woww Sharon,what a amazing card.

hugs Riet.xx

Faye said...

Wow, Sharon, what a gorgeous card. I love the layering you did for that beautiful effect.

nessy said...

very elegant and stunning!!
vanessa xx

Sarita said...

Really elegant Sharon and it is indeed stunning. I love the colours you have used as well, they make for a really striking card,
Love Sarita xx

Donalda said...

You done a wonderful job on the challenge dear

Helen said...

Great colour scheme and that's a fab image!
Helen x

Mimiko said...

This is great, love it :)

Slideshow