Tuesday, 3 February 2009

A Spoon full of sugar No 37

I'm feeling so pleased with myself this week because I've had time to make 2 challenge cards. I wonder if that is because I've tidied my crafty area up so that I can actually see the desk now? I'm sure that all the mess was distracting me over the past week.


Here is my card for the Spoonfull of sugar challenge No 37. It's a sketch this week by their guest designer Tina. I loved your sketch Tina.

I set myself the task of distressing the card because I think it would have been too 'pretty' in the mint green, baby blue and coral colours. I didn't want it too distressed; just a bit of inking and scraped edges. However, after the distressing I decided it needed pretty-ing up again so I added some liquid pearl to give a nice sheen and touchy feely element. Oh, you might just be able to see the gloss I added to the heart balloons on the image.

Although I don't always show the insides of my cards I am still being a good girl and decorating them all.




Ingredients:

K & Co papers, Hearts Away Penny Black Stamp, See D's sentiment stamp, Lace, Mint Green Liquid Pearls, Anita's Gloss, Sizzix Hearts, Paisley die.


Sharon

18 comments:

Pink Dandelion said...

Great card, love how you have used the liquid pearls, it just finishes the card off perfectly. Debs xx

Nicola said...

What a beautiful image Sharon and those liquid pearls look a treat. Love this colour combo and now I would like to decorate my inserts too. -x-

6 wacky women said...

He's so adorable, Sharon.
I love the colors of the papers and the glossy heart balloons show up just perfect. The inside is so pretty too.

Karen x

Kirsten said...

Hi Sharon, this is beautiful & I love the gloss on the balloons, it really makes them stand out.

Pauline C said...

Gorgeous - love your cute image and the fab colour scheme in the papers.
Hugs
Pauline x

Tara said...

This is too gorgeous Sharon! Those little glazed balloons are perfect and I think the distressing works a treat. Yummy! xx

Donalda said...

oh hon this is just beautiful dear. I so love the PB images. You have colored it so pretty dear as always.

Lorraine Robertson said...

Super card, fab layout & I do love those papers...

Hugs
Lorraine xxx

cats whiskers said...

This is great dear love the distressing and the liquid pearls are just perfect, as is your colouring
Hugs
Jacqui x

nessy said...

adorable card ~just perfect ~ those balloons are amazing
vanessa xx

Bev said...

Ooh this is rather delish Sharon, love the colours and papers and the balloons are just brilliant!!

hugs Bev x

Bubbles said...

Oh Sharon this card is gorgeous, the papers are so scrummy and you've coloured the image beautifully. Thanks for joining us.
Joanne x

Kathy said...

Beautiful card Sharon!! I love this image and the papers and colors you have used are so pretty together!! Love your interpretation of the sketch :)kathy

Vee said...

Love this card Sharon you've done a great job of the distressing. The colours, papers and layout are all fab.Really gorgeous.xx Vee

tracie said...

Fabulous card Sharon, love the distressing and gorgoeus papers. The inside is beautifully decorated too - gorgeous !!
hugs
Tracie :)x

Paula said...

Another Stunning card Sharon Love the image and the colour's.
Paula xxxx

debby4000 said...

Oh this is adorable, fab image and love those hearts.

Lorraine A said...

beautiful card, love the image and the colours you used, very cute. Love the inside too :-)
Lorraine

Slideshow