Friday, 6 February 2009

Whiff of Joy No 17


Hurray! I have so missed using my Whiff of Joy stamps and at last I had time to indulge and make a card for this week's Whiff of Joy challenge. The lovely Donalda has created an amazing sketch to use. I had to make a card for my Dad as it is his birthday in a couple of weeks so I wondered if I could use the layout, complete with scallop edge and places for flowers and make a male card. I'm really pleased with the result. I swapped the flowers for large brads that, to me , look a bit like cuff links.

The black embossed paper is my first use of Black Magic papers. I embossed with the swirls folder and then sanded the embossing to reveal the colour underneath. It's actually a very pale blue and even in real life against the silver and black it looks a light grey on the card. I love it though, the sanded bits feel like velvet.

The black 'paper' was something that came in my daughter's laptop to keep the screen scratch free. I snaffled it as soon as I saw it because I loved the texture.

Although it doesn#t show up too well, I added stickles above the champagne glass.

Ingredients: Whiff of Joy Champagne Charlie, Papers: Black Magic, Dovecraft Charcoal prints. Everything else is from my stash.

Okay, I'm off to do some blog-hopping and commenting now; it has been hard to keep up with everyone this week so please forgive me and I'll be around to visit you all soon.

Sharon

16 comments:

Debbie said...

Stunning card Sharon, great image for a mans card anr the B&W colour combo is fabulous..your Dad will love it! Debbie x

nessy said...

a real stunning mans card this is ~just perfect!!
vanessa xx

Paula said...

Stunning card as alway's Sharon love the colour's the paper's are fab.
Paula xxxx

Kirsten said...

Hi Sharon, this is TERRIFIC! Your dad will love it.

Sarita said...

Love it Sharon,
I'm hopeless at men's cards, your's is amazing!
Love Sarita xx

DillyDilly said...

Great male card and clever you on the recycling Love the black & white

Hugs Dilly x

Pauline C said...

Love this Sharon - it is really cool and fab for a man - love the cufflinks touch !
Pauline x

CraftyC said...

A super card Sharon, dad will love it!
Clairexx

Cheryl Joshua said...

A fantastic male card!! The colours are so classy!!! Thankyou also for stopping by my blog and leaving a lovely comment.
Cherylxx

Lorraine A said...

Oh this is stunning, I just love this :-) Love the way you coloured Charlie, and the papers and colour scheme are fab !
Lorraine

Donalda said...

Oh girlfriend this is just awesome!!!!! He looks so fine!!!!!! Just love what you have done with my sketch dear. Thanks so much for joining us this week hon

cats whiskers said...

Just stunning what perfect papers you have used for this one dear and the colouring of Good luck Charlie is perfect
Thanks for joining us this week on WOJ
bug hugs
Jacqui xxx

Nicola said...

Wowzers Sharon, what a fantastic card. Simply love this image and your colour combo. Would love to see your dad´s face when he opens this beauty. -x-

Tara said...

Sharon, this is recycling at its best!! You really know how to snaffle, lol! I think your dad will love this card - it's such a nice WOJ image. Fab!
xx

Bev said...

Sharon this is fantastic! Love the papers and colours - perfect for Charlie!!

hugs Be vx

Beth said...

This is fab, perfect colour scheme for the image! xx

Slideshow