Saturday, 28 March 2009

Bling it on! for One Stop

The weekend is here again - how do those weeks go past so quickly? Hope you're all enjoying your well earned rest if you work, and hope you're enjoying time with your loved ones (who work) if you don't.

Today, the lovely Paula set the challenge over at One Stop Craft Challenge and her theme is:

Blingtastic

oooooh we all love bling don't we?

This week I've made a card using decoupage - just for a change. Well, you know me, I like to 'ring the changes'. Unfortunately I forgot that the photos I took of the card last weekend really don't show the layers (sorry).


I nearly cried when I cut into the toppers - but I kept reminding myself that it is called a decoupage sheet. The trouble is the images are so beautiful. I added a couple of bling swirls, bling earrings and a bling gems on the headdress and the bow.

Ingredients:
Kanban Egyptian Queen Decoupage Sheet in Red
Papermania Simply Elegant paper
Laura Ashley Ribbon
Bronze gems from my stash

14 comments:

nessy said...

wow this is so stunning ~love the bling ~think we forget how great decoupage can be sometimes!!
vanessa xx

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

Good morning Sharon, i hope you are well hunny. Oh wow you've been so busy since my last visit. There are so many gorgeous cards i really can not pick a favourite, they are all so different but equally gorgeous! I have to say i can see why you love that organza ribbon its lovelY!!! I hope you've got a nice weekend planned, im hoping to catch up on my blogging and maybe get some colouring in. Speak to you soon, by the way Donna's birthday card was stunning!! hugs Linda x

Pauline C said...

Very stylish - love the bling :-)
Pauline x

cats whiskers said...

Oh wow what a really stunning card dear, love that image and all your bling have a great weekend
Hugs Jacqui x

Paula said...

What a stunning card Sharon love the bling swirls and the colours and decoupage look Fab.
Paula xxxx

Donalda said...

Oh hon you have done a gorgeous job just beautiful. I haven't done that forever. Hugs

6 wacky women said...

Awesome card, Sharon.
The image is totally amazing, fab papers and bling swirls too.
Love this card!!

Karen x

hastingshall2 said...

Sharon, what a fantastic example! I love the creativity of using the egyptian queen to show off your bling. Wonderful.
Faye

Riet said...

woww Sharon,what a beautiful card,l love the image and color.

hugs Riet.x

Kim Piggott said...

Wow Sharon this is so fabulous!
hugs
kim x

Jennifer said...

Hello Sharon. What a gorgeous card you have made! Thank you for visiting my blog and for your kind words. I have really been enjoying the One Stop CC Blog.

Happy creating!
Jennifer

gina g said...

Fab card Sharon love the image. luv gina xx

hope you and your family are keeping well. xx

Maria Matter said...

Wow, stunning!
I love this bling-ed out card! That image is gorgeous...I would have a hard time cutting into the sheets too! Thank you for sharing it with us!!!
Enjoy the rest of your weekend Sharon!
Blessings, Maria

Tara said...

Oh Sharon this is fantastic! I really don't know what to say, I think it's divine! xx

Slideshow