Thursday, 5 March 2009

Charisma Cardz Challenge Number 9

The theme for this week's Charisma Cardz Challenge is Pretty cards for Mum.

My card hasn't quite turned out how I expected it to...but I was trying out a different style, so I probably need a bit more practice at this style. I've been so in awe of the wonderful Sarita's cards because she stamps straight onto the card stock and leaves lots of white space; her work is incredibly beautiful. Sorry Sarita - I'm nowhere near your league - but at least I tried.

Ingredients:

Main Image: Debbie Moore clear stamp coloured with distress inks and Pro Markers. Matted onto lilac and blue card with a darker blue piece of paper punched with my new MS lace punch. Attached to the card with 3d foam pads.

Background: Papermania Clare Curd's signature range doodles stamp. Inked in blue and lilac, stamped direct onto the card stock and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.

Celebrate Lilac ribbon and Mother's Day peel-off from my stash. Corner dots made with a Pro Marker.

Once again I forgot to take a picture of the inside - but I stamped the 'paisley' doodle image on the inside with the lilac and blue colours and added a 'With Love' sentiment from Clare Curd's Sentiments stamps.

21 comments:

cats whiskers said...

Oh I think it is perfect dear and your mum will love it, I do agree with you Aaritas work is just out of this world isn't it. Have a good day dear
Hugs jacqui x

debby4000 said...

Lovely card, beautiful main image.

Tara said...

This is so lovely Sharon, your stamping onto the card looks fab! I know what you mean about Sarita's cards, very pretty....... you've really captured this style! xx

6 wacky women said...

Gorgeous card, Sharon.
I do love this style and you did a fabulous job of it. You image looks like stain glass...
Beautiful!!

Karen x

Riet said...

woww Sharonn,what a beautiful card,l love the colours.

hugs Riet.xx

Bev said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Love the iimage Sharon - it's stunning.

Kirsten Alicia said...

Such a lovely card Sharon, I love the blue.

Nicola said...

Wow Sharon, what a beautiful card. I love this image and your beautiful colouring and what a wonderfully tied bow. -x-

Crafty Chris said...

Thank you for stopping by earlier and leaving me a lovely comment, I love this card very dimensional looking.
Christine

Kim Piggott said...

Sharon this is fabulous!
Love your beautiful image and your design is so beautiful!
hugs
kim x

Donna said...

Another beautiful creation, Sharon, I will have to check out Aarita's blog. Donna x

Maria Matter said...

Sharon, this is so pretty! You coloring this image beautifully! Love the layering and that pretty punched edge! I think you did a fabulous job!
Blessings, Maria

MrsETaylor said...

There is something so elegant about white space. Love it.

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a wonderful comment. I truly appreciate it.

Donalda said...

Oh hon this is just so pretty!!!!!! Gorgeous job

Steph said...

What a lovely card, I'm sure your Mum will love it! Thanks for dropping by my blog x

mueppi said...

Gorgeous card, Sharon!
I love the flowers in blue!
Hugs Gisela

Sarita said...

You are too kind Sharon, I am touched I really am. I love your card, it is so pretty, I think your stamping is gorgeous and I just love the colours you have used.
It's beautiful Sharon,
Love Sarita xx

stardustgemsandribbon said...

Really lovely card...beautiful colouring and wonderful stamping.
Hugs
Carole :-)

nessy said...

very pretty card ~love the delicate blues you have used!!
vanessa xx

Tasha said...

WOw beautiful card its gorgeous
love tasha xx

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

A beautiful card Sharon - love the image and the colouring is fab!

Slideshow