Thursday, 26 March 2009

Charisma Cardz Challenge

Today I got to choose the theme at charisma cardz challenge (well, I actually chose this week's theme about 10 weeks ago, but that is by the by), and as a thank you to everyone that joins in challenges week in and week out, my way of saying 'thank you' to all of you is to challenge you to actually have loads of fun making something this week. The theme is:

My Favourite Things

So go on, indulge yourselves and make something that uses your favourite things. It could be a technique, a style, your favourite papers, or image or embellishments. Whatever you like.

The best bit is, if you enter, the prize this week is a grab-a-doodle download and a GDT slot for 2 weeks!

The thing that I love most of all is trying something new. That's probably why I haven't actually settled down into my own 'style' as yet - I just have to keep trying out new styles and techniques. It's the old adage - Jack of all trades and master of none ;o)

So for my favourite thing I tried this tutorial over at Split Coast Stampers for a swing (flip flop) card.

I found the tutorial easy to use and the card was made in no time at all. I am kicking myself for not trying it out before now. You really must give these type of cards a try out.

It was an incredibly sunny day when I took these photo (last weekend) so the glare lost the inking around the edges of the images. I had to take the last photo so that the inking showed up.

The other things I used that are my favourites are swirly Basic Grey stamps and my new Laura Ashley stamps - love those to bits.

Ingredients
Red White and Blue Card
Tim Holtz China Blue Distress Ink
Basic Grey Two Scoops Heart Smudge Stamps
Laura Ashley Love Song Stamps
White and red Ink it Up! ink
Dragonfly brad, Bow, flower and gem from my stash.

19 comments:

Lorraine Robertson said...

Gorgeous card honey & I so love those stamped images..

Hugs
Lorraine xxx

Maria Matter said...

Sharon, this is beautiful!!
Thanks for picking a fun challenge!
Great flip card, gorgeous papers and images!!
Have a lovely day!
blessings, Maria

CraftyC said...

Love your card Sharon and a great theme you chose. I got in quick this week!
Clairexx

Riet said...

what a gorgeous card Sharon,l love the color.

hugs Riet.x

Paula said...

Fantastic card Sharon love the swirls and great colours.
Paula xxxx

Liza said...

This is a gorgeous card Sharon. I love trying out new things too, you have inspired me, I'm going to take a look at the tutorial. Cheers hun

Liza x

cats whiskers said...

Oh Hun I have missed a couple of beauties on here, I am so behind with my blogging, still Mums book is coming long, but I have only got tomorrow to finish it. This card is fabulos and I love how you use different styles thats why it is such a pleasure to visit you
carry on the way you are sweetie
Hugs jacqui x

Bev said...

Too gorgeous for words!! Love the rich colour and the design hun x

6 wacky women said...

Fabulous card, Sharon.
You know how I love these fancy folds. I will have to try this one, its awesome!!

Karen x

Nicola said...

Beautiful Sharon, I love this swing card and your stamp is gorgeous as is your swirl one. Will be joining again soon once our holiday is over. Harrogate tomorrow woo hoo then sunny Spain on Tuesday. -x-

Donna said...

Love the red Sharon, so striking and those stamps are beautiful. Great theme I will try and get one made tonight. Donna x

Sarita said...

I was totally blown away by this card Sharon. Absolutely love your stamping on to the red card, really subtle but soo effective. And your main image is gorgeous,
I love it!
Love Sarita xx

Allison said...

great challenge and love the flip card
Allisonx

Enfys said...

I would say that you are master of EVERYTHING you do, I love your style!
hugs
Enfys

my5bratz said...

love love LOVE this card, FAB :0)

Pauline C said...

Hi Sharon
Hope you're well ... sorry haven't had a lot of time to chat lately. Love this card - fab design and colours. Very spooky - don't see this style of cards too often but i also made one 2 days ago for this week's PBSC challenge ... are we "great minds" do you think, or fools who never differ lol!! Hope you have a fab weekend
Hugs
Pauline x

mueppi said...

What a great card Sharon!
Hugs Gisela

Ann said...

Very cool folding technique--not one I've seen before!

Tasha said...

SHaron this is so beautiful and elegant - gorgeous
love tasha xx

Slideshow