Sunday, 8 March 2009

Colour Create 6

It's week 6 at the Colour Create Challenge and there's another amazing challenge for you. My DT colleagues have made some incredible things again this week. I am bowled over by the inspiration they give and I'm sure that each week they get better and better. Here's the picture we used for inspiration:
The colours are Orange, Yellow and Green.......and the optional extra is 'Not A Card'. Of course, you don't need to include the optional extra because we'd be delighted to see cards and scrap pages as well as anything else you'd like to make.


My offering is this little Easter basket crammed full of yummy chocolate - mmmmmm. I had a hard time keeping that chocolate out of my mouth, I can tell you!

It was surprisingly easy to make. The base is the largest Nestie scallop circle. I folded up the scallops and glued them to a tube of yellow card that I'd already punched and added the backing paper to. The handle is just a strip of card, punched on both edges and attached to the body of the basket using eyelets. All I had left to do then was decorate it with a few ribbons, a flower, a tag,and some chocolates and 'Bob's your Uncle' it was complete.

Ingredients:
Yellow Card (Papermania)
Orange paper (DCWV Pocket Full of Posies)
Flowers: Large yellow one bought from Mad about cards, Papermania Green flower and the tiny orange one from a plastic spray of flowers I bought just to use them as tiny centres.
Papermania eyelets (green)
Martha Stewart embossed diamond punch
L-Em Rock Fern Punch
Tag cut with a sizzix die
'Clare Curds Signature Range Sentiments
Ribbons from my stash.

Hope you'll join us again this week and inspire us with your beautiful makes.

24 comments:

Bev said...

Aw this is just fab Sharon, what a brill idea! Love thepunched border along the top x

debby4000 said...

Yummy Easter Basket, beautiful basket.

CraftyC said...

This is gorgeous Sharon, great detail and very pretty!
Clairexx

Kim Piggott said...

Such a gorgeous creation Sharon!
Such a pretty yellow and such fabulous detail.
Love those chocy eggs too!
hugs
kim x

Boots the Monkey (Jo) said...

What a fantastic basket and I'm glad to see the chocies lasted for the photo to be taken ! I love the detail you have used, the punched edge, flowers, bows, tag - fantastic !

Have a great week,

Jo x

Nicola said...

Wow what a fab basket Sharon, you never cease to amaze me with your creations. This is beautiful. -x-

carol said...

this is fab i love it, bet it was hard not to have a choccie or two, x carol

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

Wow Sharon what a gorgeous basket hunny. I love the look of all those treats inside too!! lovely work as always. Hugs Linda x

Donalda said...

Oh that is just so cute dear!!!!!!!! Very creative dear I love it

Georgia said...

This is beautiful, it must have taken ages - it is so pretty and intricute! I love it! :)
Love, Georgia xx

Donna said...

This is gorgeous Sharon, what a lovely present for someone. Donna x

Chris said...

Absolutely gorgeous basket Sharon, and such an ingenious design, you're so clever and you make it sound easy to make but I bet it isn't, well not if I tried anyway. I love the spring colours and of course the yummy chocs, well done for not eating them, I'd have had a very hard time with that too. Hope you enjoy your Sunday. Hugs, Chris xxx

Rica said...

Hi Sharon. Fantastic work love the idea and so beautifully done. Frankly if it had been mine there wouldn't be any chocolate goodies in there.
hugs Heather xx

Sarita said...

This is such much fun Sharon, I think it definitely means spring is here! It's so bright and cheerful, and who could resist the chocolates inside,
It's gorgeous Sharon,
Love Sarita xx

Angel's Delight's said...

Ahhhh just beautiful...
Hugs Angel

Tab said...

Fabby basket Sharon, love how you have used the punch! Yummy contains, that would have killed me to have those in the house!
Hugs Tab xxx

Tara said...

Absolutely amazing Sharon, I didn't think something so intricate was possible! I adore it!! Has your granddaughter got her eye on it, lol?! xx

Pauline C said...

Wow Sharon that is truly yummy - so spring like and how adorable for putting Easter chocs inside! I want it lol!!! Hope you are having a great weekend hun
Pauline x

cats whiskers said...

Love this basket dear such a brilliant idea looks fabulous. I cannot believe the colours Orange OMG you know how I feel about that, but i have tried and wil post my entry tomorrow. Have a great week dear
Hugs Jacqui x

Tasha said...

oh wow Sharn this is really gorgeous
love tasha xx

6 wacky women said...

Awesome basket, Sharon.
I love that it is made from the nesties scallop, brilliant idea. Love the colors and all your pretty embellies too.

Karen x

Sonia Kertznus said...

LOVELY!!! love all your ambellishments... HUGS...SK :)

Debbie said...

A really pretty Easter basket Sharon...just yummy! Debbie x

Dealbaida said...

This is wonderful! Thank you so much for sharing how you made it. Off to try my hand with one for my daughter-in-law.

Marion
UK

PS Have only just "discovered" your magical pages and shall be returning often to enjoy your inspirational crafting.

Slideshow