Sunday, 22 March 2009

Colour Create Challenge 8

It's Sunday and that means it's Mothers Day. Hmmmm...bet my lot forget (again) that I love crafty things. Never mind, if they remember to get me a card I'll be over the moon. As it's Sunday it also means that it is time for the Colour Create challenge. I absolutely love working with the ladies on the DT because they are all so incredibly talented. Each week they inspire and awe me. This week.....well, you really do have to look at the blog; their cards are sensational.

The lovely Sarita has set our challenge this week. The colours are Navy, Turquoise and Lime Green. Not something I would have chosen to put together, being the scaredy pants I am, but it works incredibly well. The optional extra this week in no designer papers. I quaked when I saw that. How on earth could I make a card with no designer papers?? I panicked even more because when I set out to make the card I was in the middle of mojo loss. But Sarita's challenge rocked - it kick started my mojo again last weekend.

Here's my card. Direct inspiration was taken from the master of no designer papers herself (Sarita). Out came my blending blox (haven't used them for an age), my Martha Stewart punch and some fab ribbon that Tara had sent me (thanks hun), my new Laura Ashley stamps and off I went.

I love this card. I know it's not as sensational as the other DT member's cards, but I was so pleased with the result that I've been like a cat on a hot tin roof waiting to put it onto my blog.

I tried to team the inside of the card to blend with the front by repeating the stamped image and adding the MS border around the sentiment.

Needless to say, No 1 daughter spied it and 'bagsied' it immediately. I really should start to charge those daughters of mine.
Ingredients:
Stamps: Laura Ashley Connemara, Debbi Moore sentiments (front and inside).
Inks: Dee Gruenig signature series Blending Blox - Shades of the Caribbean and a lime green Ink it Up! pad
Marths Stewart Doiley Lace Punch
Papermania Aqua stick on pearls
Papermania Aqua Glitter Ribbon
Hobbycraft Lime Green Ribbon
Navy Blue Card and White paper

Have a great Sunday.
Sharon xx

24 comments:

Paula said...

Oh wow Sharon this is stunning wow the colour's are fab together.
Paula xxxx

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

Good morning Sharon, your up early as bad as me!! i got up at 5.30 i wanted to order my whiff of joy stamps. I fell asleep last night and was worried they might have sold out!! anyway it gives me chance to catch up with my blog hopping!! i am so behind. Im trying to limit my time on the pc and spend more time with the family. Its taking me forever to leave comments now though!! i have to say i never expect much on Mothers day, that way i cant be disappointed. Having 3 boys isn't good at this time of year, should have had all girls me thinks!! they are much more thoughtful. No, not really i love my boys to pieces, despite some of their antics of late! hope you enjoy your day hunny whatever you do!! hugs Linda x

Boots the Monkey (Jo) said...

Hi Sharon

I hope you got your pressie and card ?

What a gorgeous card. I love the stamps you have used and the colour of the ink is fantastic and yes, it all works so well together doesn't it ? What would we do without those MS punches ? They certainly add that va va vooom !!!!

Have a great week and you get lots of surprises today.

Hugs,

Jo x

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card, love the beautiful stamped image and the way you finished the card with ribbon and sentiment.

Kim Piggott said...

Sharon your card is so very beautiful!
I love your gorgeous stamping and your centre border just looks fabulous with such pretty ribbon know wonder your daughter had to have it!I love your changing colour it looks so effective!
Have a great Mothering Sunday!
hugs
kim x

Riet said...

wowww Sharon,what a beautiful card,l love them colours.

hugs Riet.x

carol said...

your card is lovely, looks very special, thanks for my little reminder of leaving a link for CCC, have a lovely day, x carol

cats whiskers said...

Happy Mothers Day Dear, this is such a stunning card, love that lush ribbon and the layout it is really classy
Hugs Jacqui

Tara said...

I'm not surprised you're pleased with it Sharon, it really is stunning and I love the way the colours graduate and change. Sarita has started something off in me too, I really love the way you have to get your thinking cap on and the creative juices really flow!
Well done on the beautiful card and Happy Mother's Day too! xx

Rica said...

This is so beautiful Sharon. To use such bright colours and come up with something so pretty is amazing. I just love the way you've graduated the colours.
hugs Heather xx

Georgia said...

This is beautiful! I love the stamping around the edge of the bow and the gems are a really nice touch.
Love, Georgia xx

Sarita said...

Thank you for your lovely comment Sharon.
I was honestly blown away when I saw your card, it is so delicate and pretty-it really, really is sensational.
As far as your loss of mojo is concerned, I'm glad to be of service lol. I'm so glad you enjoyed the challenge after the initial shock lol.
Love Sarita xx

Chris said...

Happy Mother's Day Sharon and I hope they did remember to get you something gorgeous and crafty! Your card is stunning, I loved it as soon as I saw it on the Admin blog. The graduated colours of the background stamp look wonderful and very elegant and the punching and gorgeous bow look fantastic. I really enjoyed this challenge and seeing all the wonderful creations that came from it. Have a lovely day today. Hugs, Chris xxx

Tova said...

so beautiful card, "très classe" !

Pascale said...

Wow inside and outside love it hugs Pascale :0

my5bratz said...

this card is simply stunning, and the inside really sets it off, don't put yourself down comparing it to other cards because it really is FANTASTIC!!!

Maria Matter said...

Wowzer, Sharon, this turned out beautiful!!!
Great image choice! The inside is fabby too!
You rocked this one!
Hope you had a great Mother's Day weekend!
Blessings, Maria

6 wacky women said...

Just gorgeous, Sharon.
Love the colors of the images and the inside is beautiful too.

Karen x

Tab said...

Gorge card, Sharon! I can see why you love it, tis beautiful! The stamp you have used for the background it stunning, just love it!
Hugs Tab xxx

Tasha said...

Hey Sharon this card is fab - really stunning insid and out! I love the colour too
love tasha xx

Bev said...

Elegant, classy and stunning!!!!! x

Pauline C said...

Wow this really is stunning Sharon - your blended colouring on the stamps is just sensational. The whole thing is just so stylish!
Pauline x

Tonya said...

Oh I love this! Beautiful card!!

gina g said...

This is lovely Sharon. luv gina xx

Slideshow