Sunday, 29 March 2009

Colour Create Challenge 9

It is my choice today over at Colour Create Challenge. I have an unusual combination of colours for you, but as you'll see from the marvellous cards the DT and our guest designer Pat have made, the combination works and is very pretty. The inspiration came from this photo of a tropical fish.
The colours are Lilac and Blue and the optional extras are Ribbons and Swirls. I'm sure it's the optional extras that really make this colour combo work.

This week Tara has also put up a super prize for the winner.
See those larger ribbons? The blue one is the same as I've used in my card.
I think I'm finally settling into a style for cards that don't use a stamped image or topper - I've made a few cards in this style now. It's only taken me 11 months to find a style! Hmmm...must start thinking about getting some candy together to celebrate my first year of card making ..... keep your eyes open in early May for that.

I absolutely adore this card. The photo's really do not do it justice. I keep getting this card out and looking at it and thinking 'that is so pretty' - how sad is that?

The last picture shows the 3d effect of the card. Although my camera just didn't like the bright sunshine so the colours look a little bit off.

Ingredients:

Papers: DCWV Old World Stack for the blue swirls, hand cut heart and flowers and the darker MS Punched piece. DCWV Floral stack for the lilac papers.

Punches: Martha Stewart Doiley Lace Punch. Woodware punches for the flowers (yellow and green punches). Leone Em Stamens punch.

Ribbons: Hoppycraft Organza ribbon. The lilac zigzag effect ribbon came from creative crafts.

Sizzix scribbles swirls die.

Pearls and lilac ink pad from my stash.

Don't forget to take a look at the other DT cards. And I do hope you'll join us this week and give this colour combo a whirl.
Sharon xx

34 comments:

Pat said...

It is stunning, i like your style :)
Beautiful colours as well.
Pat x

Boots the Monkey (Jo) said...

Fantastic challenge you set for us this week Sharon, I loved making my card and it was such a pleasure. Your card is gorgeous, I love all the texture in it, your flowers, swirls, heart and ribbon all compliment each other beautifully.

Have a great week,

Hugs,

Jo x

Tab said...

Ooooh Sharon, you have pulled all the stops out this week, sweetie! Fab card, love all the swirls and embellies that you have used too. Loved this weeks challenge, thanks for setting it for us!
Hugs Tab xxx

Paula said...

Oh Sharon wow wow wow this is absolutly stunning my friend the colour combo is fantastic and all that detail is so beautiful.
Paula xxxx

Judy's Crafty Moments said...

Stunnig!! You have done a marvellous job with this card!! I LOVE all the swirls and the ribbon looks so lush. Lovely layout too :)
I think this style of card is gorgeous. Thanks for the fab colour combo!
Judy x

Tara said...

This really is so beautiful Sharon and I think you have definitely found your niche here. So much work has gone into your creation and it's great that you took a piccie showing how 3D it really is - stunning!
Thanks for a great colour combo! xx

Sharon said...

This is stunning Sharon. I love it!

Nicola said...

Wow what a stunning card Sharon, love all your swirls and bling. -x-

Donalda said...

Well I would of never thought they would go well but they sure do dear such a gorgoues card dear

torico said...

Gorgeous card,Sharon.This color combo is very beautiful and pretty.I can't wait to make my card with this color combo.Thanks for the lovely theme!

Kim Piggott said...

Sharon thank you for this weeks colours they were so beautiful! Your creation is stunning!
Such fabulous colour and your design is brilliant!
Love your added detail so, so pretty!
hugs
kim x

Pascale said...

Absolutely beautiful creation so elegant Thanks for your colours and additional challenge great to work with, hugs Pascale

Chris said...

Thanks Sharon, for a wonderful challenge this week. I love these colours together and have used them before so you were on to a winner with me LOL! Your card is superb, I love all the flowers, the punched border and that fantastic focal heart. I'm so glad you feel you've found a style that you like and that you love the card you made, it's not sad at all and I love it too! Hugs, Chris xxx

nessy said...

wow , stunning card ~such beautiful colours and so "girly" ~great choice
vanessa xx

pink rose said...

It's very beautiful!!!
Love it!!!

pink rose said...

It's very beautiful!!!
Love it!!!
So nice color challenge.

Mina said...

oh wow what a stunning creation...I love everything about it xxx

Sarita said...

It's stunning Sharon. I'm the same as you, I don't use images very often at all these days. Perhaps we should make it a challenge lol.
Love the texture and dimension of your card Sharon, it really is striking and very beautiful,
Love Sarita xx

PatR said...

Very pretty and elegant card Sharon. I think I would keep looking at it if it were mine 'cause it's just lovely. Thanks for visiting me and leaving such lovely comments.

Pat xx

Georgia said...

Ooh, this is soooo pretty! The heart is lovely and I like all the swirls, it's such a fab card!
Love, Georgia xx

Helen said...

Beautiful card! Love all of the different layers and textures!
Helen x

katy said...

Gorgeous work Sharon ! Thanks for a fab challenge this week xx

my5bratz said...

isnt the fish gorgeous, as is your card..you know I'll have to have a go at this one :0)

6 wacky women said...

Gorgeous card, Sharon.
Love the punched lace edges and all your embellies. So pretty!

Karen x

Faye said...

Sharon, this is elegant!!! I love the filmy ribbons and the swirls. I loved the card before I got to the 3D picture. Then I REALLY loved it. Great job.

Sue said...

beautiful card Sharon, luv all the swirls, very elegant, sue.x

Maria Matter said...

Gorgeous Sharon!!!!
Love the colors and swirls...so many beautiful details! Great job!!!
Blessings, Maria

Rica said...

I'm in AWE - this is so beautiful Sharon. Settling into a style - I think you've settled!!! If this were mine I'd be stroking it all the time.
Great colours - difficult for me as all my stash was packed away but thanks heaven's for the ironing board (lol).
hugs Heather xx

CraftyC said...

A beautiful card Sharon and I love the colours!
Clairexx

Pauline C said...

Stunning card Sharon - it really is sooo pretty! I love this colour combo and will really try hard to join in this week
Pauline x

helen said...

wow thanks for a fab colour combo this week its so pretty, this card is fabulous so feminine
hugs
helen x

Scrapmumur said...

WOW...Your card is STUNNING, Sharon!!
I love your composition, It's so precious.
Lovely papers.
Hugs, Mumur

Kim Dellow said...

Lovely card Sharon, love the details. Kim

Tasha said...

WOWZER Sharon - sensational - wow! The colours and layout are beautiful it all works so well together
love tasha xx

Slideshow