Sunday, 1 March 2009

Colour Create No 5

It's week five already at Colour Create Challenge and I loved using this week's combination of colours and the optional extras. Poor Willow didn't know what hit her - she's been masked and paper pieced for this card.



The inspiration photo for the Challenge 5 items is this lovely tea set photo.


The colours are blue and brown (no prizes for guessing that) and the optional extras are lace and pearls.

I just knew immediately that I wanted to paper piece Willow with some lace paper I've had lying around for a while. This is my first attempt at paper piecing and even though lace paper was probably not an ideal medium for a first attempt because it is fiddly working around the holes, I am pleased with the result. The other thing I did was to mask her lantern and then string some tiny pale blue pearl beads together to make it look like she was carrying a string of pearls.

Spot the sentiment? That's one of Clare Curd's new signature range stamps. I was naughty when I went to the range for party bag items - I have no idea how those stamps fell into my basket! lol!

Ingredients:
Papers: K and Co, Lace paper from a local shop
Stamps: Whiff of Joy Willow with Lantern, Papermania Clare Curd's Signature Range Sentiments
Flowers: Papermania (new range)
Papermania Pearl Brads,
Brown Pearls from Creativity International
Ribbon from stash.


The DT have once again made some beautifully inspiring creations. Please have a look at them and join us in the challenge if you can - remember, you can use our challenge with other challenges. Also - please say a big Hello to Kim who joins us on the DT - we've all been waiting patiently for her to come on board. I, for one, can't wait to see all her lush creations gracing the challenge blog.

I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday. My manic week has at last come to an end and I feel like I have room to breathe again. I'll be on a blog hop at some point today to start leaving comments and finding out what lovely things I missed through being so busy. Hope you all for give me for being a bit absent this week.

23 comments:

Tab said...

Fab card Sharon! Love how you have paper pieced Willow, works really well! Gorge embellies too.
Hugs Tab xxx

Rica said...

Gorgeous Sharon - love how you've paper pieced Willow and given her a string if pearls to hold.
Fab layout and embellies.
hugs Heather xx

Littleted62 said...

Wow, that's a beautifully put together creation, it's gorgeous. Thank you for all your nice comments on my blog, I've left a little something for you here.

Kim Piggott said...

Sharon this is so stunning!
Love your beautiful card gorgeous papers and so much fabulous detail. Truly beautiful!
Thank you so much for your sweet welcome so happy to join you!
hugs
kim x

cats whiskers said...

Thanks for a great challenge again dear, love these colours, and the lace and pearls just up mt street.
Love your card what a great idea to paper piece willows dress and the tring of pearls was just a brilliant thouht. Great card althogther dear
Hugs Jacqui x

Nicky said...

Wow great card - its so elegant

Kirsten Alicia said...

Wow! Sharon, this is amazing & so beautiful. I love the colours & the string of pearls was an inspired idea.

Paula said...

This is absolutly stunning Sharon love what you have done with the lace and pearls it's beautiful.
Paula xxxx

Clare said...

Love this card Sharon! The colours are gorgeous and the greeting soes sooo well! Love, Clare x

Tara said...

Wonderful card Sharon, you really gave the brief some thought and I think the paper pierced dress looks amazing..... as does the string of pearls! AMAZING! xx

Denise Bernardoni said...

Oooooooo, this is my fave Willow image, and you've brought out her magic beautifully~ what a lovely card!! Thanks so much for visiting my blog, and for your very sweet comment! :)

Bev said...

Mmm this is gorgoeus Sharon, love the colours and gorgeous details x

debby4000 said...

She is gorgeous, wonderful card.

Georgia said...

Wow! I absolutely love this Sharon! The image is beautiful and I love the way you've used the given colours.
Love, Georgia xx

Donna said...

Oh my goodness Sharon, this is Gorgeous hun, really beautiful. I've had a bit of a manic 10 days myself and trying to get around everyone to say Hi and to get myself motivated, you've def helped with your beautiful creations, take care. Donna x

CraftyC said...

Your card is gorgeous Sharon and I love that stamp!
Clairex

Rathkes family said...

WOW! Now, that is a gorgeous card.
Thank you for visiting my blog.
Kenia

6 wacky women said...

Gorgeous card, Sharon.
I so love the paper piecing and the colors are just beautiful.
Stunning!!

Karen x

torico said...

Your card is gorgeous!
Thank you for nice comment on my blog.
torico

Riet said...

woww Sharon,what a beautiful card,l love the colours.

hugs Riet.xx

mueppi said...

Your card is gorgeous!
I love the colours and papers and all details!!!!!!!!
Hugs Gisela

Helen said...

Beautiful card! Love the pearls!
Helen x

Tasha said...

ANother super gorgeous card - its absolutely stunning - its amazing
love tasha xx

Slideshow