Tuesday, 10 March 2009

Creative Card Crew Challenge 1

Good morning everyone! It's the launch of the Creative Card Crew Challenge today. It would be fabulous if some of you could join in the fun with us. Today the challenge is to create something with Green as the main colour - and if you could be green, by recycling something on your creation that would be even better.

We're joined this week by Shelley from One Stop Card Crafts. She is the guest designer and she is also sponsoring the prize which is a wonderful set of swirl stamps (I know, because I have this set and it is really useful). Thank you Shelley.

We also have another little surprise. Jasmine has also joined us as guest designer this week. I hope you'll visit her blog too.

For my card I wanted to do something that was extremely distressed, but pretty looking at the same time. I'm not sure I got the look completely right but I am pleased with how it turned out.

Ingredients:
Papermania Olivine Essence Papers
Distressed with Tim Holtz Vintage Photo distress ink
The large flower is from my stash, the middle of that flower is from a Prima bauble and the stamens are something I picked up in a local craft store.
Creativity International pearls.
The tiny pearlised flowers came free in a magazine (sorry I've forgotten which one)
Ribbon from my stash.
Stitching - care of a very old sewing machine (28 years old!) that is now on it's last legs and just will not get the tension right no matter what I try. Poor thing, I need to retire it.

Hope you find time to join us and wow us with your green creations.

Sharon xx

20 comments:

cats whiskers said...

Hi dear I am going to try to join in with this one, I just adore this wonderful soft card, such a brilliant use of flowers and pearls and your distressing is perfect
Hugs Jacqui x

Nicola said...

Ooh what a beautiful card Sharon. I adore your flowers, those little pearls are gorgeous and your papers are lovely. Love this colour combo. -x-

Kim Piggott said...

Wow Sharon this is so beautiful!
Wishing you every success in the new challenge!
hugs
kim x

Maria Matter said...

How exciting! I'm thinking green, hope to play along with all you talented ladies!!
Your card is so shabby chic Sharon! I think you achieved your result, love the distressing! Yet the flower, ribbon and pearls are so beautiful! I really like this card!!!!
Have a great day!
Blessings, Maria

pinky said...

Beautiful, I love your card Sharon. Best wishes with the new blog and I hope to get a chance to enter later in the week.
Pinky

6 wacky women said...

Gorgeous card, Sharon.
I just love the green with the peach and the flowers are so beautiful. The distressing looks wonderful too.

Karen x

Enfys said...

Oh my! What a pretty card, love it. Good luck with the new challenge blog, I have bookmarked it and will try to play along
hugs
Enfys

Tara said...

Wow this is so beautiful Sharon, I love your choice of peach to add to those lovely green shades! xx

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

Afternoon Sharon, what a gorgeous card hunny, i love the detail on here, beautiful work. I hope your having a good day! its raining again here!! hugs Linda x

Paula said...

This is stunning Sharon the colour combo is fab the peach and the green go so well together.
Paula xxxx

Riet said...

wowww Sharon,what a beautiful card ,luv all the flowers.

hugs Riet.x

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Sharon, beautiful flower, will pop over n have a look at this challenge, sue.x

neverenoughrubberstamps said...

Simply Stated.....BEAUTIFUL!

Cheers & Smiles,

Dorothy

CraftyC said...

Gorgeous card Sharon, love the colour combo
Clairexx

my5bratz said...

GORGEOUS card...and i retired my machine after 21 years and brought a new one (even tho its mostly for scrapbooking and even then it sits neglected..lol

Helen said...

Beautiful card Sharon - love the distresing!
I hope I can find the time to join in this new challenge!
Helen x

Bev said...

OMW!! This is utterly gorgeous hun, LOVE the shades of green you have used, exquisite! x

Tasha said...

I think this card is sensational SHarn its really gorgeous
love tasha xx

Angel's Delight's said...

This is gorgeous...just beautiful..
Thanks for the lovely comments,
Hugs Angel

gina g said...

Hiya Sharon. love this card its so pretty. luv gina xx

Slideshow