Tuesday, 17 March 2009

Creative Card Crew Challenge 2

Hope everyone is having a great week. Isn't it lovely when you get sunny days? Sure feels like spring has arrived.

Anyway, it's Tuesday so that means it's time for the second Creative Card Crew Challenge. Boy, what a fab challenge it is this week. The theme is:

No paper - Keep it clean

My first thought was - 'gulp - this is scary' but once I got going I really enjoyed the challenge. It was great fun to work with no papers. This was completely outside my comfort zone, but Hey Ho, I'll give anything a try and I think I've started to bring this style inside my comfort zone.

I interpreted the 'keep it clean' part of the challenge as having lots of white space. I have no idea how everyone else will interpret that bit, so it will be interesting to see the entries this week.

For my card, I stamped directly onto the cardstock, matted an image with blue and black card, added a ribbon and some adhesive pearls. This really is crafting on a budget - but I love the result.

Ingredients:
Stamps: Hampton Art Tall Watercolour Flower for the main image.
Laura Ashley Connemara clear stamps set for the border above and below the ribbon.
Clare Curd's Signature Range Sentiments stamp
Papermania Adhesive pearls in black and aqua
Blue Organza Ribbon
Blue Ink it Up! pad.

Hope you like it.
Sharon xx

15 comments:

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

Good morning Sharon, this is such a great card hunny. It was outside my comfort zone too, its amazing how much you get used to using patterned papers isn't it? Hope you have a good day, hugs Linda x

debby4000 said...

Oh I do love cards like this, they're so elegant and yours is no exception, asolutely gorgeous.

Paula said...

What a stunning card Sharon i love the colour's and the flower image is beautiful.
Paula xxxx

carlzcardz said...

Tis lovely sharon! Love the colours you've used! fresh and simple too! xxx

Maria Matter said...

This blue looks so pretty against a crisp white bg! A beautiful stamp to border your ribbon and the flower is lovely! You did an outstanding job with this challenge!
Irish Blessings, Maria

Riet said...

what a gorgeous card Sharon.

hugs Riet.x

Georgia said...

Hi Sharon,
Just a quick message to say thank you so much for the lovely things you sent me for my birthday and the beautiful card. I'm sorry I haven't got round to thanking you before now but I have been incredibly busy with a large history project.
So, thank you again - the presents made my day!
Love, Georgia xx

my5bratz said...

that is a scary challenge, lol..you did a wondeful job :0)

Donna said...

Gorgeous Sharon, so elegant and fresh looking, reminds me of 'China' (not the country lol). I'm looking forward to this one, I'll have to get my thinking cap on. Take care hun. Donna x

Kim Piggott said...

Such a fabulous card Sharon!
hugs
kim x

Cheryl Joshua said...

A beautiful card,very elegant!!! Thanks for the lovely comment on my blog,I also noticed Creative Card Crew challenges I might have to play along!
xx

bolha said...

Beautiful simple card. Love it!
x Natasha x

Tasha said...

Sharon this card is super stunning truly sensational
love tasha xx

Sarita said...

This is right up my street Sharon! I absolutely love your border stamping and the colour is just so striking. Just gorgeous,
Love Sarita xx

Simone said...

What an elegant card! I love it!
Simone

Slideshow