Sunday, 5 April 2009

Colour Create Week 10

A really big 'Thank You' to all the people that entered last week's Colour Create Challenge. You did such an amazing job with my choice of colours. I was completely blown away by all the beautiful things you made. So thank you, from the bottom of my heart.

This week it is the lovely Judy's turn to pick the challenge colours and theme. Here is the picture she gave us for inspiration:

The colours are Duck Egg Blue and Rose. Such a pretty combination! The optional extra this week is stitching. The design team have given some superb inspiration again. This week we're joined by Nicky as our GDT. Please pop over to see her too.

Stitching is something that I love to do on my cards. I especially love hand stitching but rarely have the time to do this. However, I pulled out the stops and hand stitched my Colour Create DT card for this week's challenge.

Once again I've experimented with my new-found style of cards. I do like these type of cards, they look so pretty.

The rose colours are spot on (I know because I used Tim Holtz tattered rose on the papers and it blended so well). Unfortunately I didn't really have duck egg blue so I got as close as possible.

I opted for crystal beads and a crystal heart (which I made into a charm) as embellishments, along with diamond stickles on the champagne glasses.


I haven't decided yet if I will use this card for an engagement, wedding or anniversary, so I've left the middle blank for the time being.

Ingredients:
Papers: Papermania double-sided silk screen paper. The blue paper was a RAK. Rose paper and pale blue card.
Sizzix Champagne glasses
Multi-shaper punch
Hobbycraft Ribbon
Clare Curd's sentiments stamp used with pick flock.
Tim Holtz Tattered Rose Distres Ink
Diamond Sitckles
Crystal beads and heart from my stash
Hope you'll find time to join in with us again this week.
Sharon xx

19 comments:

Judy's Crafty Moments said...

This is a truly gorgeous card. I love all the effort that has gone into hand stitching the card..looks so tidy and neat!! The colours are wonderful and your style is so elegant. this is a really special card!
Judy xx

Pauline C said...

Wow this is so pretty Sharon - gorgeous colours and amazing detail - it must have taken you hours!
Hugs
Pauline x

Heather "Hev" said...

That is very elegant Sharon :)

Sorry havent been blog hopping much!

katy said...

I love this Sharon, it's so pretty and delicate...beautiful work xx

Kim Piggott said...

Sharon this is so gorgeous!
Such a wonderful design and those colours are fabulous!
Such beautiful detail!
hugs
kim x

mar1ene said...

Fabulous card, love it :)
Hugs, Marlene x

Jo (Boots the Monkey) said...

A gorgeous card Sharon and all that hand stitching - amazing. It is very pretty and I love the papers you have used.

Have a great week.

Jo x

Paula said...

Oh wow Sharon this is absolutly stunning. The colour's are so beautiful and all the detail is fab this is such a eligant card.
Paula xxxx

Riet said...

wowww Sharon,what a beautiful card,l love the colours.

hugs Riet.x

Pascale said...

This is amazing and very inspiring for me as I have to make a wedding card for a friend very soon. Thanks hugs Pascale

Nicola said...

Fantastic card Sharon, your eye to detail is superb and what a lot of work you have put into this little beauty. -x-

Sarita said...

Stunning work Sharon, love the border punch you've used and the little champagne glasses. Great choice of papers and perfect stitching too,
Love Sarita xx

Tab said...

Awesome work Sharon sweetie! Just love the shades that you have used and all the little embellies that you have used, tis all gorge!
Hugs Tab xxx

Tara said...

Scrummy card Sharon, those little wine galsses are just adorable! Smashing papers too and I love all your extra little touches! xx

Bev said...

Oh this is so stunning hun - such gorgeous colours for a wedding card and the details are fabulous xx

Tova said...

Your card is just gorgeous !! I love the cup of Champagne :-)))

Rica said...

Fabulous Sharon - i just love it. Great work with the colours and your hand stitching is immaculate. Love your glittery champagne glasses and that gorgeous charm.
hugs Heather xx

Tasha said...

Wowzer super stunning card hunny - its beautiful, love the colours and layout and the hand stitching is amazing i can believe how staight it is mine would be everywhere
love tasha xx

gina g said...

Gorgeous card Sharon such a lot of detail. luv gina xx

Slideshow