Sunday, 26 April 2009

Colour Create - Week 13

Well, you all loved the pink, black and white with polka dots challenge over atColour Create last week, didn't you? We were overwhelmed by the number of entries. A big "Thanks" to everyone who entered and supported us. The lovely Jo has a great combination and optional extra for us again this week. Here's the picture for inspiration: The colours are Orange, Green and Brown with an optional extra of making a male card. I used to be scared of making male cards but I find I enjoy them more and more each time I do one. These colours are perfect for the men.

I went to town with my Clare Curd men's range of stamps on this card. I knew I had to use the fisherman because orange suited the wetsuit-like trousers. Mind you, irl I'm sure a bright orange would scare the fish away! I drew tiny scales on the fish stamps using sakura stardust pens - just to get a glittery effect and then I added some glossy accents to the fish and the water to make them look wet.

Instead of a ribbon I added some white netting that the fish could be caught onto - and the obligatory bit of string. I finished the front with some paper pricking, doodling and a charm.

I loved doing the inside. I used more glossy accents and sakura stardust pens on the fish hanging off the 'gone fishing' sign, and 2 more of the larger fish on the opposite side. This one has been set aside for my f-i-l for Father's day.

Ingredients:
Clare Curd's Signature Range stamps "Stamping For Him"
Basic Grey Papers (I think these were from the Archaic pad - but I seem to have put it 'somewhere safe' - in other words, I've put it down somewhere and can't find it so I can't check)
Brown and Orange Card.
Sakura Stardust pens, Water colour Pencils.
Anita's Glossy Accents
Tim Holtz distress inks (Tea Dye and Vintage Photo)
Net, Dolphin charm, Gold Brad and string from my stash.

Do pop over to the challenge blog. There's tons of inspiration for male cards from the wonderful creations made by the rest of the DT. They amaze me each week with their creativity.

27 comments:

Jo (Boots the Monkey) said...

Hi Sharon

I absolutely love your card. The image you have used is fantastic, just perfect and that net is so clever catching all those fishes. Fantastic inside too. Your f-i-l will love it.

Have a great week,

Hugs,

Jo x

cats whiskers said...

Great card Sharon love that image and the papers are fabulous, as is your colouring, love the colours this week will try to join this week hope you have a perfect Sunday
Hugs Jacqui x

Nicola said...

Wow now this is one stunning card Sharon. The details are fantastic, love those fish caught in the net and your dolphin charm is gorgeous. You have really brought this image to life.
Enjoy your day and sunshine as it is pouring down here. -x-

Pauline C said...

Fantastic Sharon - fab image and colorus and all your little details eg. the netting and string are inspired! Enjoy the rest of the weekend!
Pauline x

Clarky J said...

Fab card - Love the image :0) especially like your use of netting - how clever gives such a great detail and texture x

Chris said...

Fantastic card Sharon and the image is perfect, also the orange trousers, know what you mean about possibly frightening the fish away LOL! The paper you chose is perfect too and I love your design and how you decorated the inside so beautifully too. Hope you have a lovely Sunday. Hugs, Chris x

Valems said...

Fabulous card! I love the papers and the cute image.
Hugs, Vanja

Kim Piggott said...

Sharon this is just brilliant!
Love your gorgeous colours! Such a brilliant design and that net is such a great idea so effective. Love your image and wonderful colouring. Such great paper!
Your card is just perfect and your fil will be thrilled with this!
hugs
kim x

Tab said...

Fab card hun! Love what you have done with the CCSR set, just fab! Awesome layout too and fab colouring!
Hugs Tab xxx

Sarita said...

Really fab card Sharon, great choice of papers and love the image. A perfect male card!
Love Sarita xx

Maria Matter said...

What a fabulous card for this challenge Sharon!! Love that image and all the wonderful embellies you've added! Well done!
Blessings, Maria

joey said...

Hi Sharon, this is gorgeous, love the netty ribbon and the image is gorgeous, love your colouring. Joey.x

6 wacky women said...

Awesome card, Sharon.
Love the image and your coloring is wonderful. Fab papers and colors, love the netting with the fish, a perfect touch!!

Karen x

Lorraine Robertson said...

Fantastic card honey & I so love the little fishes caught up in the net... lol

Hugs
Lorraine xxx

Rica said...

Hi Sharon - fab card - love the papers and colouring. Your net to catch the fish is inspired - love it.
hugs Heather xx

CraftyTracy said...

Hi Sharon that card is so cool I like the netting idea.

Tracyx

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Sharon,l love the image and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Tara said...

Fantastic Sharon - I'm so impressed by your netting idea for catching the fish..... that's a corker! The Archaic papers are perfect for these colours, great minds think alike! Love the card, it rocks!! xx

Tova said...

beautiful card and good idea for the fishes :-))

Mandi said...

FAB card hun, those papers work so well with the image

mandi xx

Tasha said...

Sharon this card is fantastic! I love the colours - the papers are fab! What a great image too coloured awesomely
love tasha xx

Judy's Crafty Moments said...

This is great..all the details make it a brilliant card. The netting is fabulous along with all the little fish in it!! the inside is as professional as the outisde! Great work!
Hugs
Judy xx

Chrissie said...

What a cutie of a card Sharon, love the look of that tulle as a fishing net, clever girl!

Jamie Martin said...

Super cute card, love the little fish on the netting :)

joey said...

Hiya Sharon, theres a little something on my blog for you.x

stampingheaven said...

Great card Sharon.

Phoenix said...

I love the colour combo and the image! Great card!
Thanks for your comment!
Hugs Phoenix

Slideshow