Tuesday, 7 April 2009

Creative Card Crew Challenge 5

Today is the Creative Card Crew challenge and Linda has picked the theme for us this week. We're also delighted to be joined by the talented Kim who agreed to be our guest designer.

The DT card that I made for the challenge gave me all sorts of bother and has turned out nothing like the card I set out to make. Linda's theme is Easter, and as I needed to make a religious Easter card for my MIL, I used my DT make to create it.

I stamped and heat embossed the Papermania cross several times with silver embossing powder. I layered it up, and placed the main cross on the front and inside is the full cross with all the swirly bits on the full stamp.
I don't have any religious text stamps as yet, so I finished the inside with a simple Happy Easter.


Ingredients:
Stamp: Papermania Cross (PMA 10056). Do Crafts sentiment (PMA 10050)
Swirly double sided card from my stash. Silver, yellow and orange card
Prima Got Flowers with yellow stickles centres
Sizzix Scribbles Swirls die
Heat it up Silver embossing powder
Orange chalk.
Ribbon trim from my stash
Sharon xx

15 comments:

Tasha said...

Stunning card Sharon love the orange and yellow and the cross
love tasha xx

Nicola said...

Wow what a fantastic card Sharon. I love your stamp but boy this must have taken you ages to trim round. I would have cracked all the embossing and yours is perfect. Love your dies and colour combo. Truly brilliant creation.

COCO said...

very nice card !!!
hugs coco

torico said...

Stunning card,Sharon!Your dimensional cross is amazing!!

torico

Paula said...

What a great Easter card Sharon love the colour's and the cross lokk's Fantastic.
Paula xxxx

Tara said...

I zoomed in to have a look at your embossed cross and it's fabolous Sharon! I love the colours too - really pretty! xx

Riet said...

what a gorgeous card Sharon,l love the colour.

hugs Riet.x

Donna said...

Beeeaaaauutiful Sharon, wow this is so gorgeous, looks like a lot of hard work but it was so worth it, your mil will be chuffed. Donna x

mueppi said...

Wonderful card, Sharon with great colours and fab details!
Hugs Gisela

Kim Piggott said...

Sharon this is brilliant!
What a fabulous design and your colour and detail just superb!
hugs
kim x

nessy said...

stunning easter card ~ so much detail
vanessa xx

Georgia said...

This is a beautiful card Sharon! I love the sunny colours, perfect for spring and thecross is really pretty!
I love it!
Love, Georgia xx

Maria Matter said...

Beautiful Sharon, such a lovely cross! Wonderful swirls and flowers...just beautiful!
Blessings, Maria

6 wacky women said...

Gorgeous card, Sharon.
Fabulous colors, love the cross and all your beautiful details.
Happy Easter!

Karen x

Pia said...

wow what a great card

Slideshow