Tuesday, 14 April 2009

Creative Card Crew Challenge 6

Oh my goodness! I'm having one of those days, you know the ones where you just don't get anything done? I've taken the week off work to do some spring cleaning and the first real day I've had to make a start was today. So, 1) I oversleep - great start! 2) My daughter phones and needs a lift to the Doctor's surgery. 3) She now has to take some medication that means she can't stray too far from the loo - and with a 13 month old baby who's into everything (mostly my crafty stash when I'm not looking!) and just trying to walk, that means they'll be spending the day at Nanny's house so Nanny can look after the toddler. Ah well - spring cleaning may have to start tomorrow.

Anyway, enough waffle. It's Creative Card Crew Challenge No 6 today - but for some strange reason the challenge went live last night. So, here's my apparently late card.

Tasha set the challenge of monochrome this week and I thought I would do some white stamping and heat embossing on black card. I've used my Laura Ashley Love Song stamps for this one. And for another change I made an A5 card instead of my normal square ones.

Sorry about the shadow on the picture of the inside, I just couldn't get the table far enough out from the gazebo canopy. I did my best.


Ingredients:
Black A4 Card, White card, White Vellum
Stamps: Laura Ashley Love Song, Creative Expressions Sentiment (Outside), Clare Curd Signature Range Sentiments (Inside)
Martha Stewart Punch
Opaque White embossing powder, clear ink and black stayzon
Black organza ribbon, brad, white pearlised heard and dangly bead bits from my stash.

Hope you can join us this week for the challenge, there are 2 design slots and an Anya stamp as prizes.

Sharon xx

12 comments:

Georgia said...

This is such a pretty card Sharon!
The sentiment is lovely and I love the monochrome theme. :)
Love, Georgia xx

Tasha said...

Your card is breath taking Sharon! Its so beautiful - love the laura ashley stamp you used! You werent late posting - i was having problems scheduling it and with mr Linky so we just let it run!
Hope your ok
love tasha xx

Nicola said...

Wow love those fancy swirl and sentiment stamps Sharon and what a gorgeous bow. Fabulous punch work and your little heart and diamante are so pretty as is the inside of this beauty- pleased to see you have some sun to cast a shadow lol.
I started spring cleaning this morning - managed to wash all the walls in utility room so will tackle the cupboards tomorrow.
Hope your daughter is soon on the mend. -x-

pinky said...

Absolutely adore this card, it is so chic. Really love the vellum.
Pinky

Riet said...

ohhhh wowwww Sharon,what a beautiful card,l love the colours.

hugs Riet.x

dianets7 said...

What a nice monochromatic card! TFS!

Jany

nessy said...

stunning card ~love the contrast in black/white!!
forget the spring clean ~enjoy your grandma time!!
vanessa xx

Debs said...

great card , love what you've dont with the inside.
Debs

COCO said...

very nice card !!!
hugs coco

Pauline C said...

Fab card Sharon - very classy! never mind about the spring cleaning ... I jsut took 2 extra days for Easter and didn't manage any!! I have a couple fo little things for you on my blog :-)
Pauline x

gina g said...

beautiful card Sharon love black and white always looks so classy, hope your daughter is soon feeling better. luv gina xx

Kim Piggott said...

Such an elegant card Sharon!
hugs
kim x

Slideshow