Tuesday, 28 April 2009

Creative Card Crew Sketch

I had a lovely 'girly night' with my daughter last night - so, no crafting and no post yesterday. I think we all need a little break now and again, don't we? However, I'm back today with the Creative Card Crew Challenge. This week it is my turn to set the challenge so I've given you all this sketch to work from. I can't wait to see what you come up with.



Also, I'd like to extend a big welcome to Joey, who joins us for her first week on the design team. Great to have you on board Joey. Also a big welcome goes to Nicola, who is joining us as guest designer for the next month. If you haven't visited Joey or Nicola I would recommend having a look at their blogs because their work is wonderful.


On to my cards for my sketch. Yes, I was greedy and made 2 cards this week.


Here's my cute one:

And here's a more striking monochrome one:


Ingredients:

Stamps:
Cute Card: Penny Black Kickin', Basic Grey Two Scoops Heart Smudge and Clare Curd's signature range sentiments
Monochrome Card: Hampton Art - Dream, Creative Expressions Oasis

All other bits were from my stash

Hope you'll find time to join in the fun this week.

Sharon xx

14 comments:

Nicola said...

Two stunning cards Sharon, I love them both for different reasons.
Your cutie sure is that and those papers are gorgeous with this little guy lazing in his hammock enjoying his glass or two of ¿Sangria? just like me hehe - such beautiful detail.
Wowzers your monochromatic card is so elegant and I must admit my favourite - I really enjoyed working with your wonderful sketch. Thank you.
Nicola -x-

nessy said...

what a gorgeous sketch ~ wow what beautiful cards ~and so very different!! delightful work
vanessa xx

Maria Matter said...

These are gorgeous Sharon! This looks like a fun sketch, hope to play along, we're leaving on vacation for May! I'll have access to a craftroom part of the time, lol, I'm sure I'll be going through withdrawal if I don't keep crafting!
Blessings, Maria

Riet said...

What a beautiful cards,l love the image and colours Shanon.

Hugs Riet.x

Kim Piggott said...

Sharon your cards are so beautiful!
So glad you had a great time with your daughter!
hugs
kim x

Georgia said...

Gorgeous cards! It's amazing how two cards using the same sketch can look so different!
I love the colours on the first one and I love the shiny card on the second!
Love, Georgia xx :)

joey said...

Hiya Sharon, its nice to have a break away and do something else :O) doesnt happen often here tho even though I try lol. Thankyou for such a warm welcome. I loved working with your sketch, your cards are awesome!. Joey.xxx

Donna said...

Sharon, you never cease to amaze me with your beautiful cards hun, these are just stunning! Ahem, who said you could have a craft free day? and I suppose it was your daughters fault for distracting you eh? Now get your nose back to that craft table and inspire us some more!! lol. Donna x

Paula said...

Wow Sharon these are both stunning. Love them both.
Paula xxxx

Pauline C said...

Brilliant sketch Sharon - and two stunning cards in their different ways! reallya dore the cutie PB of course, but the other is also very eyecatching - v artistic feel.
Pauline x

Tab said...

Ooooh love your cards hun! Fab images and those papers are delish!
Hugs Tab xxx

cats whiskers said...

Love both of these stunning cards, but that Monocrome one is just so elegant and I love that image so she must win out. Thanks for sharing these stunning vcards Sharon#
Hugs Jacqui x

Tasha said...

Sharon both these cards are stunning - they truely are beautiful! Loving the stamp used on the monochrome one - its so striking.
I love the sketch, you are so talented, i made 6 cards with it 4 of which have been sold lol.
love tasha xx

6 wacky women said...

Awesome cards, Sharon.
Love the colors and papers, sweet image on your "cute" one.
The monochrome card is just gorgeous. Fabulous image and details.
I love your sketch...giving it a go, hope to finish it today.

Karen x

Slideshow