Saturday, 18 April 2009

An experiment that went wrong

I know I should have made another card but time has been so limited this week that it just wasn't possible. I saw the challenge theme for this week on the DT blog for One Stop Craft Challenge and had one of those "I bet I could do something like......." moments. (You know the ones....you should always ignore them).

The theme set by the lovely Donna this week is Decorative Edges/Cuts. So do I use a punch, fancy scissors or a scallop nestie? - not on your life! Old (not so) clever clogs here had to do it the hard way and go for a fancy die cut edge, using the Sizzix Scribbles Swirl, all around the outside of my card. It ended up looking like a blooming ornate picture frame. lol!

Never mind - I'm sure someone will take this idea one stage further, and using the right diecut shape, they will make an amazing card. So - here's your inspiration everyone, I wonder what you can come up with? If you make something amazing do leave me a little comment so that I can come and see it.

8 comments:

Tara said...

Lloks fantastic to me - I would never have thought of it but it really works. You are too hard on yourself..... you dare to tread where others won't and that is why you are so good ;o) xx

cats whiskers said...

Stop being so hard on yourself hun, this is just stunning, and full of oriental style I for one love it sweetie
Hugs Jacqui x

Donna said...

Sharon i think it looks fabulous, I love it. Donna x

Nicola said...

Wowza what ya talking about. This is absolutely fantastic and I very much doubt if this could be taken a step further. I love it Sharon - you little clever clogs. -x-

Helen said...

Wow - Sharon, this is fab! I'd never have the patience to do this! lol
Helen x

Faye said...

Wow, I this think is one amazing card. It is beautiful.

having a {me} day said...

Great card! Your die cut edging works really well! Worth all the effort. katxx

Paula said...

This is amazing Sharon dont know what your worrying about i love it.
Paula xxxx

Slideshow