Saturday, 25 April 2009

One Stop Craft Challenge No 26

Hurray! It's Saturday again and another weekend, and that means it's time for the One Stop Craft Challenge. The lovely Maggie has picked the theme this week which is

'Something New'

Maggie would like everyone to try something new on their projects, this could be a new technique they have been meaning to try, or a new product they haven't got round to using or maybe just a new stamp that hasn't been inked yet, the decision is yours.

Oh boy! Did we have fun with this one. For me, it was the chance to try something out that I'd been meaning to do ever since I saw the technique on a card that Nicola had made a while back. She had some beautiful embroidery in the background to her card - so off I trotted to a local shop and I bought myself a little template to prick and sew. This was my idea of heaven - combining my love of card making with my passion for embroidery.

I kept the card fairly simple so that the focus would be on the sewn image and the sentiment.


Ingredients:
Brazzill Basics Card in pink and green
Far East Mat Stack
Creative Expressions Sentiment Stamp
Kars Bling Bling Doodles template Marianne Design No BD8702
Raffia Ribbon, Flact back pearls and heart charm from my stash.


Do pop over to see what the rest of the DT made for this challenge - they all had loads of fun making their creations.
Sharon xx


17 comments:

Maggie Bob said...

The embroidery on this is perfect - and the colour scheme just shows it off so well.

xx

Nicola said...

Wowee you sure this is the first time you have done paper embroidery Sharon? Your card is breathetakingly beautiful. Love this pattern - stitched so beautifully and the sentiment is perfect. Your colour combo and those pearls are fabulous. Ooh what a work of passion, I love it.
Have a lovely weekend. -x-

Pauline C said...

WOW!! This is reallly beautiful Sharon - well done! I love everything about it - your embroidery is so neat and the colour scheme is just gorgeous. Hope you're having a good weekednd.
Pauline x

nessy said...

wow sharon ~ amazing card ~such talent ~so delightful!
vanessa xx

cats whiskers said...

Oh wow I love this so soft and pretty and yor stitching is brilliant what a fab idea just love iyt
Hugs Jacqui x

joey said...

Hi Sharon, this is beautiful, love the colours, your embroidery looks amazing and so neat! Joey.xxx

CraftyC said...

What a fab card Sharon, you did a grand job with the stitching!
Clairex

Kim Piggott said...

Oh Sharon this is so beautiful!
Love your wonderful card so pretty!
hugs
kim x

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Sharon.

Hugs Riet.x

Paula said...

Wow Sharon this is absolutly Beautiful wow wow wow the detail is stunning.
Paula xxxx

my5bratz said...

love love LOVE this card :0)

Sarita said...

Wow, Sharon, this is just so beautiful. Well done you for trying something new, your embroidery is amazing.
Love Sarita xx

6 wacky women said...

Absolutley gorgeous, Sharon.
Your embroidery is just beautiful, love the colors and the sentiment too.
Fabulous card!!

Karen x

Rica said...

This is beautiful Sharon. Such gorgeous colours and your embroidery is fantastic - so neat - just perfect.
hugs Heather xx

Tara said...

I don't think anything is beyond you Sharon, your breadth of talent is amazing! I love the embroidery, it's so pretty. I just know I wouldn't have the patience for this, lol! xx

Tasha said...

This is so beautiful! The embroidery is fabulous and i love the colors
love tasha xx

torico said...

Amazing work!Your embroidery is perfect!

torico XX

Slideshow