Saturday, 4 April 2009

One Stop Craft Challenge - Stitched up Box

This week has been absolutely crazy. Earlier in the week I had 3 challenges running on separate challenge blogs where I had set the theme! I'm so sorry if it has taken me a while to comment on every one's blog; I am trying really hard to catch up. Anyway, this is the last challenge that I am setting for a while.

Over at the One Stop Craft Challenge I've set the theme of:

All Stitched Up!

So this week, we'd like to see stitching on your projects. It can be faux, doodled, stamped, machine or hand stitched. I hope you'll all give it a go.

My project is this chocolate box. I have zig-zag stitching on the purple paper and back stitch on the glitter flower in the centre. Mmmm! Yummy chocolates!

The box itself is made using a template. I just happened to spot it and thought it would come in useful. It's a Rayher Scrapbooking Line Stencil - Pentagon. I found it so easy to use and the result is fab. It's much larger than the other boxes I've made and 15 chocolate fitted into it with no trouble at all. I could have fitted more if I had them!


Ingredients:
Sentiment - Penny Black - Kindness
Glitter Card (box lid and largest part of the flower on the top.
White Card (for the bottom)
Flower combo, purple pearls and thread from my stash.
Tools: Embossing tool and Pricking tool

15 comments:

Angel's Delight's said...

Oh My goodness,
You have done sooo much since i last popped over, all is just amazing, outstanding work,
Been busy this end too, know the feeling...lol
Hugs Angel

Riet said...

ohh Sharon,what a beautiful box,l love the mmmmmmmmmm.

hugs Riet.x

COCO said...

wo very fab box !!! very nice !!!! I like this !!!!!
hugs coco

nessy said...

wow what a fantastic choc box ~clever you ~ love the beading #very special
vanessa xx

Tara said...

OMG, you busy bee!!!
This is a fantastic creation Sharon - so clever yet again! I would never have thought of making anything like tha but it's brilliant! xx

Nicola said...

Fantastic project Sharon, your box is stunning and what yummy contents Mmmmmmmmm. -x-

papercraftsbyrach said...

this is beautiful what a wonderful chocolate box. hugs rachxx

Kim Piggott said...

Sharon this is fabulous!
Such a brilliant shape and gorgeous design!
Love those choccies too!
hugs
kim x

PatR said...

I think your box is gorgeous Sharon and the chocolates looks scrummy too.

Pat xx

Pauline C said...

ooh Sharon that is mouthwatering in every way! Love the gorgeous box - it is spretty and the sentiement is fab too
Pauline x

my5bratz said...

yummmmm...where'e mine? lol

Caroline said...

Hi Sharon, thanks for visiting my blog and leaving lovely comments. I have enjoyed browsing your blog and love that you use all different tecniques in your paper crafting. Great work
Caroline xx

Paula said...

Absolutly stunning Sharon love the shape of the box and the stitching is great.
Paula xxxx

Shelley said...

This box is gorgeous Sharon and the stitching looks great. The pearls and the flower look fab. There is some candy on my blog if you want to enter :)
Shelley xx

gina g said...

Stunning Sharon love the colours and the shape is fab... and of course love the chocolates. luv gina xx

Slideshow