Monday, 20 April 2009

Penny Black Challenge and a Grrrrr!

Before I show my card for today, can I just say....Grrrrrrrrrrr! Cameras! Grrrrrrrrrr! I took some lovely photos of this card in the sunshine yesterday, came to upload them onto the PC this evening - and...nothing happened. The PC wouldn't even recognise the USB had something in it. I tried a second USB.....nothing. I put the memory card back into my camera and......"memory card error" was happily displaying on the camera screen. I did that slow motion "Noooooooooooooooooooooo! I need to take a decent pic of a DT card tonight! You can't do this to me!" All to no avail.

So, I try a second memory card in my camera and snap these pics by electric light. Not good, but at least I have the pictures. I put the card back into my camera to take better ones.........yep - you guessed it...."Memory Card Error"
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

So, I'm afraid these dingy photos will have to do for now.

This is my card for the Penny Black Challenge No 45 - a wonderful sketch by Nat. At first I thought it would be quite a difficult one - but with the right papers everything just fell into place and this card made itself (clever that! lol). Thanks Nat for a fab sketch, I can see I'll use this one again.

Ingredients:
Penny Black "Delights"
Basic Grey Paper
Nesties
Prima Flowers
Papermania pearl brads
Everything else from my stash.

16 comments:

Sharon said...

This is gorgeous Sharon, I love how you've added the ribbon and other embellishments - just perfect.

Nicola said...

OMG this is STUNNING Sharon, what a sweet image and those papers are to die for. Love all your gorgeous details and what a beautiful, matching inside too. You are a hard act to follow - brilliant creation, I love it! -x-

cats whiskers said...

Oh wow Sharon dingy photo or not hun this is a stunning card, love the papers and the image and fabulous colour choice
Thanks for joining us this week sweetie
Hugs Jacqui x

Caro said...

Your card is beautiful, I love the colours and the sweet image.

Caro x

torico said...

Gorgeous card,Sharon.Love the papers and how
you've used the ribbon!

torico XX

Kim Piggott said...

Oh Sharon this is just superb!
Love your sweet image and your layering and beautiful paper is delicious!
Sorry about the camera being naughty
hugs
kim x

Donna said...

Oh my fav colours, this is stunning, I love what you've done with the ribbon, beautiful layout. Donna x

Kath said...

wow Sharon...doesn't matter about the evening light....your card is absolutely stunning...love the papers and your adorable image......great take on the sketch and thanks for joining in the fun this week at PBSC
Hugs Kath xxxxx

Paula said...

Wow you have done it again hunny this is stunning love the colour combo you have used.
Paula xxxx

my5bratz said...

love love LOVE this card, stunning!

isnt modern technology a pain in the a**..lol

gina g said...

this is gorgeous Sharon i love everything about it. luv gina xx

6 wacky women said...

Absolutley gorgeous card, Sharon.
The papers, your layers and details are wonderful. Beautifully colored images too!!

Karen x

tiggertastic said...

this is adorible, i just love PBlack stamps they are one of my grate loves and this is really showing the image of to the max. Outstanding!

Sarah x

Pauline C said...

Wow Sharon this is absolutely gorgeous! The colour combo is stunning - those papers are delicious .. and go with the hedgie image so well! Thanks for joining in this week's PBSC
Pauline x

Tara said...

This is stunning, I so love these papers and your layout works brilliantly! xx

Tasha said...

STUNNING! Absolutely stunning! i love all the elements of this card including the pearls and the flowers. Love the BG papers too
love tasha xx

Slideshow