Wednesday, 22 April 2009

Spoon Full of Sugar

Oh I am such a dip-stick sometimes! I made this card on Tuesday night and Wrote the post last night, but I forgot to publish it!

I made this for the Spoon Full of Sugar challenge. There is a wonderful sketch by Caryn this week, but I'm not sure I've done it justice. I thought it would be great to add a bit of stickles to my swirls and in real life they do look good - the camera makes them look pretty rubbish though (sorry).

The stickle blobs added to the satin flowers actually look a bit like diamante - but the camera let me down again.

Ingredients:
Brazzill Basics card, Basic Grey Euphoria papers
Penny Black Hearts Away stamp
Sizzix Flower and Vines #2 (swirls)
Just Pots Funky Flowers, Crystal Ice stickles
Nesties, Watercolour pencils, Blue Ink it Up! pad
Navy ribbon.

16 comments:

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Sharon.

Hugs riet.x

Georgia said...

This is really lovely, Sharon! The image is so cute and I really like the blue swirls, they're so pretty!
Love, Georgia xx

pinky said...

Its beautiful, you certainly have done it justice, love the little bows.
Pinky

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Sharon.

Hugs Riet.x

Nicola said...

Your card looks fabulous Sharon, stop being so hard on yourself. I really love how you have coloured this cute hedgie, super dp and details. You do make the most beautiful inserts - must give this a try myself one of these days as it really finishes off all your hard work perfectly. -x-

Donna said...

Pretty card Sharon and such a cute image :) Donna x

CraftyC said...

A gorgeous card Sharon, the swirls look great!
Clairex

Faye said...

Sharon, this is gorgeous! I love the flourishes and the colors.

debby4000 said...

Adorable sweet card, wonderful colours and i love the swirls
luv
Debby

Kim Piggott said...

Oh Sharon this is so adorable!
Have a great weekend!
hugs
kim x

cats whiskers said...

Great card Sharon love that image and the paper is just perfect as are the swirls they really make a card extra special don't they

Have a great weekend
Hugs Jacqui x

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

Good morning Sharon i hope you are well hunny. Wow what a gorgeous card, infact so many gorgous cards since my last visit, all of them different and beautiful. I hope you are having a good weekend, im off to make my challenge card this week, want to do it before dad arrives later. Hugs for now Linda x

Caryn said...

You more than did it justice Sharon, it's gorgeous. I get frustrated by the camera not doing my glitter justice too! There should be a glitter setting built into ALL cameras in my opinion!!
You did a great job on the sketch. Thanks for playing along at CCC this week.

Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Paula said...

Sharon your card is Beautiful love the colours and you have coloured the image in perfectly.
Paula xxxx

6 wacky women said...

Fabulous card, Sharon.
I just love this image and you colored it beautifully. Great sketch, love the swirls and flowers too.

Karen x

Tasha said...

Wow lovely card - gorgeous image and fab colours love the flourish
love tasha xx

Slideshow