Sunday, 10 May 2009

Colour Create 15

Good morning everyone. Hope you're all enjoying a lovely sunny day today. It's Sunday again so that means it's time for the next Colour Create Challenge. Our hostess this week is the wonderfully talented Heather and she has given us a gorgeous colour combo to work with. My card was made for my friend Paula's birthday yesterday and I'm pleased to say she likes it.
The inspiration was taken from this gorgeous photo to give the colour combo of Blue and Green.Our optional extra this week is paper piecing. I only paper pieced Tilda's dress and socks for this one. When I took my first photo is was a little overcast outside so this angled shot shows the card a little better. Well at least the stitching shows up better.

I kept the inside simple because there was so much going on in the front of the card and I wanted to show the beautiful papers off a little better.

Ingredients:
DCWV Far East 8" x 8" and the mat stack papers
Brazzill basics blue card
MS Doily Lace Punch
BossKut Daisy Leaves
Nesties Large Scallop Circles
Tiny balls for the wisteria (or grapes) from hobbycraft
Ribbons, Charm and wire from my stash.

We're also pleased that our GDT for May, Juliet, has accepted a place on the permanent design team. Welcome aboard hunny.

As always the rest of the DT have worked so hard and created some gorgeous cards again this week. We hope you'll find time to join us and as usual I'll do my best to visit each and every one of you that enters.
Rightie-ho, I'm off to spend the day working at home (very hard) to make sure I can hand my report in at work tomorrow morning. Hope eveyone else enjoys their day.
Sharon xx

22 comments:

Nicola said...

Stunning card Sharon, love your papers and detail. Tilda looks gorgeous with her perfectly paper pieced dress and shoes and your insert is just as beautiful.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Jo (Boots the Monkey) said...

You card is fantastic Sharon and Tilda has been coloured and paper pieced beautifully. Love your flowers (or grapes !).

Have a great week,

Hugs,

Jo x

Donalda said...

Such a gorgeous card dear so love the colors and Tilda is colored so beautiful.

Bev said...

Beautiful card sweetie, such wonderful detail and fabulous choice of papers! Love the paper piecing too x

pinky said...

Gorgeous card, just love the blue tones. The image is coloured beautifully. Hugs.
Pinky

Biscuitlid said...

What a stunning card, not surprised your friend was pleased with it. I'd want to frame it!

Victoria
x

Donna said...

Gorgeous card Sharon, I love those colours. I'm sure Paula adored this card. Enjoy your day and don't work too hard. Donna x

joey said...

Hi Sharon, this is stunning, amazing details love the ribbon. Joey.xxx

Tara said...

Hope you haven't had to work too hard today Sharon!! Your card is wonderful and I think the grapevine idea is truly inspired, love it! You'ce also chosen a very sweet Tilda and she has been beautifully pieced!!
Have a great week ;o) xx

Anesha said...

Fab card, such wonderful details. Thanks for the comment on my card. Anesha

Tab said...

Oh Sharon, I just love your card, the image is fab and works so well in this weeks colours! I love how you have made the grapes too, just gorge!
Hugs Tab xxx

CraftyTracy said...

That is lovely and so clever with the grapes.

Tracyxx

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Sharon,l love the image and colours.

Hugs riet.x

Kim Piggott said...

Oh Sharon this is so beautiful!
Love your cute image and your paper and detail is so scrummy I just love your wonderful card1
hugs
kim x

gina g said...

Hi Sharon Gorgeous card love the grapes too. luv gina xx

Marcea said...

Hi Sharon, this is just so gorgeous hun, I love it. The paper piecing is amazing and one of my fave colour combos - hope I can get time to join in :o)
-x-

Chhaya said...

You are so talented!!! i wish i cud make such beautiful things :)

Simone said...

What a superb card, Sharon!!! So gorgeous!
Simone

Pauline C said...

Beautiful card Sharon - fabulous colours! Sorry i havven't been visiting much lately ... been off work sick with a rotten head cold and then on holiday from work for my birthday while still ill - typical lol! Last week flew by in a haze of sniffles and decorating! Hope all is well with you
Hugs
Pauline x

Rica said...

Sharon - I just keep looking at it - it's is awesome!! Love the dusky colours and those papers are delicious. Your details are fantastic and I just love those 'grapes'.
Thanks for making such an amazing card with my colour choice.
hus Heather xx

Chris said...

Such a beautiful card Sharon, your Tilda is so cute and the papers are gorgeous! Love all the layering and punched edges and the inside is so lovely too. I bet your friend adored her card. Hugs, Chris xx

Paula said...

Hi Sharon this is absolutly beautiful and even better in real life thankyou so much Sharon.
Paula xxxx

Slideshow