Sunday, 24 May 2009

Colour Create 17

I really missed not making a DT card for last weeks Colour Create Challenge....and I only just made this week's by the skin of my teeth, finishing it just after lunch yesterday! However, it looks like I was too late to get the card onto the challenge post. (Thanks for adding it to the challenge now Tara).

The talented Katy has set the challenge for us this week and I must say she has chosen some cracking colours - I had so much fun making my card and it actually seemed to make itself. Here's the photo Katy gave us for inspiration.

The colours are Lemon, Pink Sorbet and Chocolate - ooooooh what an ice cream lovers dream these are. The optional extra is 'Shabby Chic'. I do struggle with this style - I think I always get the shabby bit, but the chic is so hard to do for me.

I suppose the reason this card made itself so easily is because I set out to do a Thank You card dedicated to all you wonderful bloggers for your comments and e-mail support over the last week. Here's to all you wonderful people; thanks for keeping me sane.

He He! I just spotted all those daisies in my lawn in the photo! That's going to be a job for my hubby today.

Ingredients:
Papers - unknown - they were a RAK (but they are beautiful)
Nestie Labels
Penny Black - Kindness - sentiment stamp
Prima flowers
Woodware leaf punch
Tim Holtz Tattered Rose distress ink

We have some sad news that the amazing Kim is leaving the DT. I am so sad to see her go. She has been a real inspiration and has always given me wonderful support. Wishing you all the best Kim - I know we'll stay in touch.

I hope you'll have a look at the cards the rest of the DT have made this week. They make my jaw drop every week and they sure nailed that shabby chic look this week.

Sharon xx

22 comments:

Paula said...

Hi Sharon welcome back your card is so beautiful the colours work so well together love all the detail the stitching just finishes the card off perfectly.
Paula xxxx

Tara said...

Ooooops! Sorry darlin! Because I copied and pasted last week's cards and then changed the photos, your entry obviously wasn't there! Didn't do it on purpose - it was midnight and I had been drinking champers, lol! Am I forgiven?!
Love your card Sharon, it's really pretty and the sentiment is fab! Have a great weekend ;o) xx

nessy said...

gorgeous card ~ love the sentiment and all the delicate detail
vanessa xx

Chris said...

Hi Sharon, I think your card is beautiful and you definitely cracked the shabby chic theme perfectly. Love those papers and your stitching and distressing. Hope all is well and stable and you're all catching your breath a bit. Hugs, Chris xx

joey said...

Hi Sharon, stunning card! I love the detail,and such a lovely sentiment. Joey.x

Donna said...

stunningly beautiful Sharon, the colours are perfect together and the flowers and swirls are lush. Thinking of you all. Donna x

6 wacky women said...

Gorgeous card, Sharon.
The colors are wonderful and fab embellies too.
Love the sentiment!

Karen x

Pascale said...

This is so pretty Sharon i love the shabby chic feel you have created really works here. Hugs Pascale

Simone said...

What a gorgeous card Sharon! These colours and the shabby look are fabulous!!!
Simone

Pauline C said...

Stunning card sharon - layout and sentiment are beautiful. Glad myc ards arrived for you and hope you ahve seen my email about baby Oscar
hugs
Pauline x

Diamond Doll said...

Gorgeous Sharon love those colours, those flowers are fab.
Trish (-:

Biscuitlid said...

Beautiful card Sharon. Love the way you've pieced it together, very pretty indeed. You've managed shabby chic in my view, mine on the other hand is pure shabby!

The daisies on the lawn look all summery, leave them there a while!

|Victoria
x

Kim Piggott said...

Oh Sharon your card is pure perfection!
Love your beautiful colours and that sentiment is so lovely!
Such pretty detail and your design is stunning!
Feeling sad today not being with you on CC!
hugs
kim x

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Sharon,l love the papers and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

cats whiskers said...

Hi Sharon this is stunning sweetie what a fabulous use of colour just adore it
Hope you are enjoying the BH
Hugs Jacqui x

Judy's Crafty Moments said...

This is soooo beautiful. I love all the pearls and the sentiment is beautiful. Well done for making the challenge...I hope Mum and baby Oscar are doing well. Thinking of you lots. Hugs Judy xx

Jo (Boots the Monkey) said...

Wow, such a fantastic card Sharon. I love the papers you have used and that gorgeous sentiment. So pleased to hear that Oscar is doing OK, your daughter is coming home and your granddaughter will spend time with her Mummy again. She deserves some extra big cuddles !

Take care and enjoy the weekend.

Hugs,

Jo x

CraftyC said...

Hello Sharon, it must be a very traumatic time for you and your family. Best wishes to you and your family and congrats to Oscar, a little fighter!
Clairex

katy said...

Hi Sharon, thank you for creating such a beautiful card with my combo this week, it's stunning !

Good to hear all is well with baby Oscar :)

You take care, love Katy x

Tab said...

Fab card hun, just love the sentiment! I'm so glad to hear that your little grandson is doing well hun, sending big hugs to you all!
Hugs Tab xxx

Rica said...

Hi Sharon, fabulous card, love the papers and your layout is superb. That sentiment is wonderful and your details delicious - especially those pearls....ooooh how I love pearls.
So happy for you that things are OK and litle Oscar is progressing.
hugs Heather xx

stephanne said...

Hi Sharon,
Lovin' the card this week, the lace is so pretty and I love the the ripping, the pearls, SO pretty!! Pretty pretty pretty.
Stephanie

Slideshow