Saturday, 9 May 2009

Oh! Cut it out! - One Stop Craft Challenge 28

Good morning peeps! Today is a special day for one of my fellow DT members on the One Stop Craft Challenge. So please excuse me while I say "Happy Birthday Paula". Hope you have a really special day hunny, and enjoy your breakfast, and your crafty pressies, and cards....and anything else you get. Hope it is special for you.

Right, onto the One Stop Craft challenge. I swapped weeks with Paula so that she could take it easy today. So I set the challenge and I said "Cut It Out!" Oh my! You can interpret that in so many ways ... apertures, pop-outs, twirlers, tunnel cards, decoupage. Part of the reasoning behind setting this challenge is that I'm sure most of us have some forgotten aperture cards lurking in the back of our stash and it's about time we brought them back into the daylight! I bet we'll be amazed by all your entries again this week. Don't forget, there is a GDT slot up as the prize.

My card is an aperture where the image comes through the hole - probably called a pop-through. The stamp I have used comes as part of the stamp set in the Zinnia flower fairy stamp kit (link is below). This stamp set is really worth the money - you get 12 different stamps and this includes 3 sentiments, 2 butterflies, 4 flowers, 2 fairies and some fairy dust (stars). I'm sure you'll be seeing more of this stamp set from me in the future. I used one of those sewing templates again - I really love these.
The image has been partly decoupaged (only 3 layers) and I also have some cut work as part of the sewing template.

Ingredients:
Brazzill basics string of pearls and brocade
Sewing template
Water colour pencils

Hope you have a look at the rest of the fab cards made by the DT here.
Now...if only I'd used a magnolia image. lol!
Sharon xx

16 comments:

Shelley said...

Hi Sharon this is a gorgeous card, The stitching looks great and the colours are lovely. I have really enjoyed this challenge.
Shelley xx

cats whiskers said...

What a lovely card Sharon, great image beautifully coloured, love it all.
Have a great weekend
Hugs Jacqui x

Nicola said...

Wowee this is absolutely stunning Sharon. I love all your beautiful stitching and cut work and your detail to this beautiful flower stamp is fantastic.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

nessy said...

gorgeous card sharon ~ love how you have coloured the flower!! ~wow and all that stitching ~amazing
vanessa xx

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Sharon.

Hugs Riet.x

CraftyC said...

Lovely card Sharon, the inside is gorgeous!
Clairexx

Kit said...

beautiful card and fantastic colouring in that flower

Maggie Bob said...

Great card Sharon, and thanks for setting such a fun challenge - you're right I often forget about aperture cards.

You're also fantastic at that stitching - I might have to give it a go soon!

Donna said...

Gorgeous as always Sharon and fabulous challenge. Enjoy the rest of your weekend. Donna x

Donna said...

Sharon your card is beautiful so elegant and such gorgeous colours :) Donna x

Jose said...

"WOW" that's a gorgeous card, first time visiting your blog, must go and see more.
Jose

Bev said...

Stunning! Wow this is on beaut of a card sweetie, so dramatic! The stitching is beautiful too x

Tara said...

So you got the Zinnia set too? Beautiful isn't it? And so is your card - the flower looks stunning and the stitching is amazing. You have such patience to do something like this!! xx

Kim Piggott said...

Wow what a beautiful card Sharon!
hugs
kim x

Pauline C said...

Wow Sharon love this - the flower is so beautifully colorued and it really pops off the page!
Pauline x

Paula said...

Another Stunning card Sharon wow the rose is beautiful.
Paula xxxx

Slideshow