Saturday, 23 May 2009

One Stop Craft Challenge 30

Hello everyone. Firstly a quick update on little baby Oscar. He is still stable and the special care nurses are pleased with his progress so far. He certainly is a little fighter. My daughter will be coming home from the hospital today which will be wonderful for Amelia; she has missed her Mummy but she has been an absolute angel for her Nanny during all the upset. Thanks to everyone for being patient with me throughout the trauma; I missed visiting your blogs and will do my best to get round to you all over the next few days.
Rightie-ho! I'm back making cards now so on to this week's One Stop Craft Challenge. Shelley has set the theme this week and she wants to see items that are:

Vintage

I love vintage cards although I sometimes end up with a really distressed card rather than a vintage look. I hope I've got the balance right this week.

I know it doesn't show up well in the photo, but the metal embellishment in the bottom left corner says 'friendship'.

Ingredients
Joanna Sheen Victorian Romance CD (topper and paper)
Brazzill Card in Brown and Cream
Prima Flowers

Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Vintage Photo
Pearlised brad, gems, metal charm and lace from my stash

Sharon xx

14 comments:

Nicola said...

This is wonderful news with Baby Oscar and Amelia will be so excited to see her mum.
Beautiful Vintage card Sharon, such a pretty image and fab detail.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Pauline C said...

Beautiful card Sharon - glad things are settling down after all your upset.
Hugs
Pauline x

Kim Piggott said...

Hi Sharon, so glad baby Oscar is doing so well.
Your card is so beautiful!
Love this vintage style so gorgeous!
hugs
kim x

Nicky said...

Good news about Oscar and your daughter - and your card is stunning - I have not really done any vintage cards but I might have to try now

Georgia said...

Gorgeous card Sharon! I love that flower and the stitching round the edge is really nice! :)
There is something on my blog for you...
Love, Georgia xx

joey said...

Hiya Sharon, beautiful card! I struggle with vintage so steer away from it lol, yours is gorgeous. So chuffed to hear things are going well for little Oscar :O) Joey.xxx

Tara said...

This is just gorgeous Sharon and I think you got captured the vintage theme perfectly!
I have left something for you on my blog. Take care ;o) xx

Ruth said...

Glad to hear Little Oscar is doing well,will keep you all in my prayers. And a beautiful card, too, Ruth x

Sarita said...

So sorry Sharon not to have visited you for a while, and to learn that both you and daughter have been going through such a tough time. Just so thankful everything is going well.
Truly beautiful card Sharon, I adore vintage as you know, you have done it to perfection,
Love Sarita xx

Biscuitlid said...

So pleased Oscar doing well and that your daughter is coming home too.

I think this card definately looks vintage, very much so and beautifully done.

Victoria
x

Maria Matter said...

Gorgeous Sharon! Love the image and paper, very vintage! Great job!
Blessings, Maria

Riet said...

Wowww Sharon,what beautiful,l love the image and papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Faye said...

Sharon, your vintage card is so beautiful. Thanks for such a gorgeous inspiration piece.

Maggie Bob said...

The JS CDs are often just perfect for the vintage theme - gorgeous card!

Glad to hear baby Oscar is doing well - it's never an easy time.

xxx

Slideshow