Thursday, 25 June 2009

Butterflies

Wow, isn't the weather gorgeous? At least it is where I am. I'm sure this has influenced some of the cards over at the Colour Create Challenge this week because they all have such a lovely summery feel about them.

Juliet is our host this week and she's picked the gorgeous combo of: Pistachio green, aqua and powder pink. The optional extra this week is buttons.

I got as close as I could to the colours, given the limited time I have and the state all my papers are in (never seem to have the time to clear them up properly at the moment).

As you can see from this card - the bank balance didn't survive recently - I managed to prise it open far enough to get a 2 needle parchment tool and some decent pergamano scissors to make the butterflies with. I'm loving doing parchment - it is so pretty and much easier than I thought it would be. I hope I soon get the hang of the corrugated edges - I'm getting close but I'm not there yet.

As always, there is oodles of inspiration from my really talented DT colleagues over at the challenge blog. Hope you enjoy looking at their creations.
Sharon xx

10 comments:

Tara said...

This is fab Sharon - those butterflies look amazing....... so delicate and pretty! xx

Kim Piggott said...

Wow Sharon this is so stunning!
Those butterflies are amazing!
Beautiful work!
hugs
kim x

Dena said...

Gorgeous card Sharon! Such a touch of elegance. I love it! Hugs, Dena

Pat said...

Oh Wow it is stunning! Love the colours too.
Hugs xx
Pat

Biscuitlid said...

oooh how delicate, you've got some patience there Sharon!

Makes a beautiful card without looking old fashioned which sometimes parchment does

Victoria
x

Mina said...

I love those butterflies Sharon cant believe you made them they are so delicate and beautoful and match your fab card perfectly xxx

Riet said...

Ohhh wowww Sharon,what a beautiful card,l love the details and papers.

ZO MOOI....
Hugs Riet.x

cats whiskers said...

Oh wow Sharon I am so impressed with this I have always admired parchmemnt work it seems so difficult. Those butterflies are simply stunning
Hugs Jacqui x

Tova said...

really beautiful !! I love your butterflies, they're so delicate and elegant ! Great work with pergamano !

Paula said...

This is so stunning Sharon all the detail is fab as are the colours.
Paula xxxx

Slideshow