Tuesday, 9 June 2009

Geometric? Easier than you think.

Hello everyone. Well, I'm still just about hanging in here and just keeping up with making my DT cards. All the spare time I have at the moment goes into making a DT card and doing a post on here - but my head is still just above the water line. lol.

Well it's Tuesday so that means it is Creative Card Crew challenge day. I got to pick the challenge this week and I chose Geometric Patterns as the theme. Before you all run away screaming and tearing your hair out.....it is easier than you think. I looked up 'geometric' in the Oxford English Dictionary and the second definition is:

Geometric - 2. (of design) characterised by or decorated with regular lines and shapes.

So the way I see it, you could use almost any regular repeating patterned paper in from your stash.

I thought the geometric patterns would suit a male card and, because golfers wear checks and diamond patterns, I thought the challenge teamed nicely with the golfer image. The inside is nothing special - but at least you can see that I am still decorating the insides even if I don't always take a photo.


Ingredients:
Papers - Basic Grey & Brazzill basics
Stamps - Clare Curds Signature Range (golfer's trousers, cap and shirt paper pieced with Basic Grey)
Distress inks - Tim Holtz
Brads - papermania

Please pop over to the challenge blog for some more geometric inspiration from the rest of the DT.

Sharon xx

11 comments:

cats whiskers said...

Fabulous card again sweetie, such a cute image and love the colour scheme
Hugs Jacqui x

Kim Piggott said...

Sharon what a fantastic card!
hugs
kim x

Tara said...

This is fabby doo Sharon, I really love the way you've paper pieced your golfer in the geometric designs - brilliant! xx

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Sharon,l love the image and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Pascale said...

Not sure my card follows the brief but I love yours hugs Pascalex

6 wacky women said...

Fabulous card, Sharon.
I love the vibrant orange, the papers are just perfect! Fab image too.

Karen x

Georgia said...

Wow! Fantastic card Sharon! I love the golf image and the geometric papers were a brilliant idea! :)
Love, Georgia xx

COCO said...

Oh, so beautiful card. Image is gorgeous and you´ve coloured it perfectly.
hugs COCO

Nicola said...

Super card Sharon, love your golfer and those fab papers.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Tasha said...

I love this card. I love the papers you chose and the fantastic colouring of the image. Its seriously awesome
love tasha xx

Paula said...

What a fabulous male card Sharon such great colours and layout.
Paula xxxx

Slideshow