Tuesday, 2 June 2009

Just like a bus.....

.......nothing from me for ages and then two cards come along at once! I've been so busy that even though I've made my DT cards I haven't had a minute to post them to my blog. Currently I get up and go to work, as soon as I come home I have to babysit my granddaughter whilst my daughter goes to hospital to see baby Oscar and by the time she gets back and I get home it's time for bed. Oh my! where is the time to craft and blog??

Anyway, Oscar is still doing well. Yesterday he was off the ventilator for 23 hours, but he's so exhausted by all that effort that they've put him back on it for a rest, bless him. Although he was 1lb 8oz at birth, he went down to 1lb 2oz but is now piling the weight back on (thank goodness) and today he weighed in at 1lb 6oz. There's still a long way to go but everyone is pleased with his progress so far.

Okay on to the cards:
This is my card for the Card Crew Challenge. The wonderfully talented Nicola set the challenge of Child's play. So here is my card for a child. I think I might just put this away for my granddaughter; she's a bit young for it yet, but it'll be right one day.

My second card is a very late posting of my DT card for the One Stop Craft Challenge. My fab colleague Donna set the challenge of 'Let's hear it for the boys'. My card is for the biggest boy I know - my Dad. He's an absolute Sinatra nut so when I saw these 'Old Blue Eyes' toppers I knew they would be just perfect for him.

I hope to be back blogging with you all fairly soon.

Sharon xx

18 comments:

Paula said...

Two fablous cards Sharon the childs card is so sweet the image is great and im loving the topper and colours on the male card.
Paula xxxx

6 wacky women said...

Fabulous cards, Sharon.
Love that topper of Frank, stunning colors.
TFS the update about Oscar. I'm so glad to hear he is doing well.
Take care...

Karen x

Kim Piggott said...

Hi Sharon,
So great to hear that Oscar is doing so well.
Love your gorgeous cards!
Such great papers and love your brilliant designs!
Take care.
hugs
kim x

pinky said...

Two beautiful cards, lovely girly one, and old blue is is gorgeous! Glad to hear little Oscar is improving by the day, he is still in my prayers.
Pinky

pinky said...

Posting this for a 2nd time, old blogger playing up! Love your cards, and so glad to hear Oscar is improving by the day. Hugs
Pinky

joey said...

Hiya Sharon, these are gorgeous cards, the top one is so so girlie and any little one would be happy to recieve it :O). so chuffed your grandson is doing well, bless thats brill that he did 23 hours :O) I know we all do everything for family goes without saying but make sure you get a rest too hun.xxx

cats whiskers said...

Brilliant cards dear, so pleased Oscar's health is looking up it must be such a worrying time for you sweetie, will be thinking of you all
Hugs Jacquui x

Tara said...

These are wonderful cards Sharon and I think you're right - your granddaughter will love the pink one!
So glad baby Oscar is doing okay - I was getting a bit worried as you haven't been about much - I can breathe a sigh of relief now ;o) xx

Sharon said...

Two fab cards Sharon and I'm so glad to hear that Oscar is doing well.

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

Good afternoon Sharon, i hope your having a good day hunny. Wow what gorgeous cards you've been making, they are both fabulous. I love your Creative Card Crew Challenge card this week fab images! hope you have a lovely restful afternoon, hugs Linda x

Riet said...

What a gorgeous cards Sharon.

Hugs Riet.x

nessy said...

great boy card ~well man card!! gorgeous girl card ~love all the detail
so glad oscar is doing well ~ great news!!

Biscuitlid said...

fab cards Sharon but just so much more fab to hear how Oscar is doing. 23 hours, he is getting strong lungs isn't he? Surprised you've found any time at all for crafting so well done you.

Give Oscar a kiss from me

Victoria
x

Nicola said...

Awe you must be so tired and run off your poor little tootsies Sharon. I am so pleased to hear Oscar is progressing well.
Your cards are awesome, love that little pink girlie one and the Old Crooner is fabulous too.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Jo (Boots the Monkey) said...

Your cards are fabulous Sharon and I am so pleased to hear that Oscar is doing so well. Remember to take care of yourself too although I know its hard. Don't worry about your DT cards, we can wait !

Hugs

Jo x

Donna said...

Gorgeous cards Sharon, I love your 'Old Blue Eyes' Card, stunning colour of blue. Thanks for getting a card done hun, I know you've got a lot on your plate at the minute so its very much appreciated. Donna x

Pauline C said...

Great cards Sharon - and so glad to hear that Oscar is still doing well. I was getting worried that you haven't been around. I'll email you when i have chance hun with some news of my own ..
Pauline x

Tasha said...

Ah both of these are awesome i love the pink girly card - the image is super cute and the colours are fab. I love Sinatra and the card is just wonderful - my Grandfather would adore it! Hope your father loves it
love tasha xx

Slideshow