Saturday, 20 June 2009

Pretty Parchment

I've had a try out at a new technique again. Well, it's been quite a while since I've tried anything new. For a first go, without all the proper tools, I'm fairly pleased with it. I may just have to invest in one or two tools now (hold your breath, bank balance!).

My Hubby is incredibly impressed. He keeps wandering over and saying "Have you done all that by hand? It's pretty clever isn't it?" Hmmm...a seal of approval there then. However, I need SO much practice (and the proper scissors for a start) to really make something impressive.

Anyway, my little parchment card has been made for the One Stop Craft Challenge. Paula set the theme of 'Numbers' this week so I made the central motif into a 21 - ready for the next 21st birthday card I need. Hope you like it, and I really hope that all you experts in parchment craft will turn a blind eye to all the errors made - it is a first try after all.

Hop on over to the challenge blog for more fab numeric inspiration from the rest of the design team.
Sharon xx

15 comments:

cats whiskers said...

I cannot believe this is the first tme you have done this it is absolutely stunning wow you ROCK hun
Hugs Jacqui x

Nicola said...

Ooh this is outstanding and ever so beautiful Sharon. It honestly is hard to believe this is your first try with parchment so I recommend you go buy those needed tools now because you are a natural. Wow what an intricate pattern you started off with and you have brought this to life so wonderfully.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

papercraftsbyrach said...

wow, Sharon that is so impressive. i had a go once at parchment.. but failed miserably.. well done sweetie. hugs rachxx

Linda said...

WOW this is quite FABULOUS...you have a very lovely masterpiece!!! I keep thinking I am going to give this a try but I am sure I would just make a big mess.

6 wacky women said...

WOW!! Gorgeous card, Sharon.
You did an amazing job of it.
I am truly impressed...I love it!!
Well done...

Karen x

Riet said...

Wowwwww Sharon,what BEAUTIFUL.

Hugs Riet.x

Jocelyne said...

It's gorgeous!!! I don't think I could ever do anything that beautiful.

Tara said...

It really is so pretty Sharon and I can't believe the hubster is actually impressed!! You must be in shock, lol! xx

Donna said...

STUNNING Sharon, fantastic work and I can't see any error's! I love parchment craft, I done it a few years ago, time consuming but so rewarding. Well done you. Donna x

June said...

Wow this is amazing I love doing poarchment craft but ive never done anything like this its amazing xx

Kim Piggott said...

Wow Sharon this is stunning!
So very beautiful!
hugs
kim x

Merry said...

Oh wow! how stunning.

Paula said...

Wow Sharon you have done yourself with this it is absolutly stunning.
Paula xxxx

gina g said...

wow well done Sharon its fab, im to heavy handed for parchment but love the look of it. luv gina xx

Paula said...

Oh wow wow wow this is absolutly stunning Sharon so much fabulous detail i cant belive this is your first time at parchment its amazing.
Paula xxxx

Slideshow