Thursday, 2 July 2009

Colour Create Challenge

Hello everyone. We have some major changes going on over at Colour Create this week. I won't repeat everything in detail on here. Please hop over to the challenge blog to read all about it.

However, the sad news is that we're losing some of our uber talented DT colleagues. Tara, Tab and Katy have all decided to step down for various personal reasons. All of us left on the DT are incredibly sad to see them go. Tara has been the driving force behind the challenge since it first went live and all 3 ladies have provided wonderful inspiration to both the DT and everyone that has entered our challenges so far. Personally, I am heartbroken to see you all leave but I'm sure that we won't be strangers and that all the friendships made on the DT will carry on strong for many years to come. A huge 'thank you' and an 'All the best for the future' wish is coming from me to all of you. Please don't be strangers.

The other pieces of news is that the challenge will carry on and it will be one challenge every two weeks from now on. So I hope that'll give everyone more time to enter the Colour Create Challenge from now on.

Okay, on to this fortnight's challenge. The colours are grassy green, apple green, sunflower yellow, lemon and white. The optional extra is to decorate the the inside of your card and the envelope too.
I think I went a little mad with the reference to sunflower yellow on my card - sunflowers are everywhere (actually it is a daisy stamp - but I turned it into sunflowers for this card). For my image, I stamped the little dragon, masked it off and then over stamped the sunflowers. I added some sunflowers and the dragon's head to the inside of the cards, and then stamped sunflowers along the bottom of the envelope. I will say that I've made another envelope since the photo was taken - I had a new ink pad where the ink was not evenly distributed so it didn't stamp very well.

The stamps I used are:
Funstamps FN09 Sleeping Dragon
Funstamps FN11 Daisy Border
Funstamps FH65 Take Time (sentiment)
The DT have made some beautiful cards and there's lots of inspiration for envelope decoration too over on the challenge blog. Hope to see you all entering.
Sharon xx

15 comments:

debby4000 said...

Oh this is gorgeous, love the sleeping dragon.
luv
Debby

joey said...

Hiya Sharon

this is gorgeous! fantastic image and stunning colourwork

Joey.xxx

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Sharon,l love the image and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Kim Piggott said...

Wow Sharon this is just such a stunner!
hugs
kim x

cats whiskers said...

Hi Dear when I saw the colours I thought they were just not me but I have been inspired by all the fabulous DT cards I have seen and yours in particular
Hugs Jacqui x

Mina said...

I so love this dragon Sharon, it makes me smile...and I love all your sunflowers they are just perfect xxx

Dena said...

What a cute dragon Sharon!! Perfect background set up for this cutie! Fun card! Hugs, Dena

katy said...

Lovely work Sharon ! Thank you so much for all your good wishes and i hope to join in with the challenges when i can...you take care, Love Katy x

Georgia said...

Stunning card Sharon! I love the dragon and the inside of the card looks fab too! :)
Love, Georgia xx

Sandra said...

What a great idea to make sunflowers from daisies. Cute card.
Hugs
Sandra x

Chris said...

Gorgeous card Sharon, I think the dragon is so cute and I love your sunflowers too! I'm glad I wasn't the only one with envelope troubles :D. Hope you have a great weekend. Chris xx

Biscuitlid said...

Hi SHaron
just having a quick blog hop between naps! SOme beautiful cards since I last came over for a peek.

Just wanted to send Oscar some hugs too

Victoria
x

gina g said...

Hi Sharon Brilliant card love the image. luv gina xx

6 wacky women said...

Gorgeous card, Sharon.
The color combo is just beautiful!
Love the inside and envelope too!!

Karen x

Nicola said...

Fabulous creation Sharon, that dragon is so stinking cute and those sunflowers so pretty.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Slideshow