Friday, 24 July 2009

Copper Glitzy Chic

Well, I hope it's chic - ish.

I was walking past a craft shop yesterday lunchtime and my shoes decided to take a detour, the way they do. ;o) Before I knew what was happening I was downstairs in the card making section. Amazing, huh?

Anyway, as I tried to make my shoes walk out of the store, I spotted what I thought was a sheet of toppers but in fact it was a 'create an instant card' package. I fell in love with the toppers, so I figured "no problem - I can still do my own thing with these."

Then my eyes made me look at some glittery sheets (don't you just hate it when your eyes do that?) and the top sheet was all coppery just like the toppers. Oh well, in for a penny.... I came out of that shop with a little carrier bag.

When I got home last night I saw the fantastic sketch on the Truly Scrumptious challengeblog. That's it! I thought, perfect for what my naughty feet and eyes made me buy today. I really think the sketch suits the topper and glitter.
I wish my photo did this justice. It is soooo pretty and sparkly and coppery (such a nice change of colour). The only thing I've added to the sketch is a bow. It needs nothing else at all.

One of the sheets of paper in the card making pack had this beautiful image on it, so I decided to just decorate the inside with that paper. There's enough glitz on the front of the card so I wanted the inside to be simple.
Items used:
Colour Connection Glitter Sheets
The Red Line - make a card today pack (Code 943P)
Black satin ribbon
Black Card
2 x-cut punches for the flowers.


Sharon xx

15 comments:

Pat said...

Oh Wow Sharon, it is stunning!
The same for me here, i was going shopping yesterday for a baby picture and i came out of the shop with a bag full of goodies!
Well done!
Hugs xx
Pat

Kim Piggott said...

What a brilliant find Sharon!
hugs
kim x

Biscuitlid said...

Mmmm fabulous colour and glitz. Don't you just love it when you had no intention of buying craft stuff and come away with goodies? Always a good way to pop a smile on your face!

left you a little something on my blog

Victoria
x

Riet said...

Ohhhhhhhh Sharon,what a beautiful card,l love papers and colours.

ZO MOOI...
Hugs Riet.x

cats whiskers said...

Oh wow hun don't think I would have been able to resist either just love copper, this is a stunningly elegatnt card
Hugs Jacqui x

PatR said...

Beautiful card Sharon. Hope your Grandson is doing well.

Pat xx

debby4000 said...

WOW this is fab and the bow is a perfect finishing touch.
luv
Debby

Cheryl said...

wow hun this is a beauty love the richness of it bet you are glad your shoes made you stay and buy love cheryl xxxxxxxx

Sharon said...

This is stunning Sharon. I love the colour and its such an elegant card. Thanks for joining in our TS challenge.

gina g said...

Lovely card Sharon very glitzy i love the colour. luv gina xx

Dawn said...

wow it's gorgeous - very sumptious and elegant

thanks for joining us on TS

Dawn

Christine said...

Wow Sharon this is STUNNING what a creation the colours are very striking.

Christine xx

Paula said...

Wow wow wow this is simply stunning Sharon very eligant i adore the colours.
Paula xxxx

Kokica said...

Waw, it's gorgeous card! Very elegant.

Kokica

Beth said...

Naughty shoes!! But I can totally see why you were drawn to these, I love the topper and the glitter paper is so vibrant! Thanks for joining in with the Truly Scrumptious challenge!

Beth xx

Slideshow