Sunday, 19 July 2009

Cuddly Mice

The last of my promarkers arrived last Monday so I now have the full set and I'm having lots of fun using them. I originally coloured in the image on this card a couple of weeks ago whilst I was practicing with my blender and I threw it into a waste pile because the image bled and I'd only blended roughly. (At least I've improved now - see my Skater Ian card)

Anyway, two weeks on, whilst doing a clear out today, I came across it again and saw it with fresh eyes. I actually like the way it had bled and was roughly blended because it looks like fuzzy fur. So, I made a card with it.

Although this isn't a LOTV image, the LOTV challenge this week is 'Animals', so I'm going to enter it into their challenge. Hope that's okay ladies.
I took this second picture to show the different layers on the card.
For those of you thinking the layout looks familiar, I used the sketch at the copics challenge because I liked the look of it. I didn't use copics so it obviously isn't entered into that challenge - but it is a fab sketch to work with.

Sharon xx

12 comments:

gina g said...

Hiya Sharon this is gorgeous and the colouring is just fab. luv gina xx

Donalda said...

Hon this is just gorgeous, See never throw away your mistakes for they really aren't mistakes lol Love all the layers dear. Hugs

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Sharon,l love the image and papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Cheryl said...

wow hun this is beautiful love the papers and the colurs all blend so well together lots love cheryl xxxxxxxxx

scrappyjan said...

WOW, can I say WOW again!! Love this SHaron... the pearls on there are a wonderful finishing touch!! LOVE IT!!!!
janny

Kim Piggott said...

Oh wow what a fabulous card Sharon!
I love this image so much and your detail is gorgeous!
hugs
kim x

cats whiskers said...

Hi Dear this is fabulous I love that image and those great papers, fabby colouring as well. Have a good week
Hugs Jacqui x

debby4000 said...

Oh this is so gorgeous, love the layout and the cute mice.
luv
Debby

Tara said...

It's gorgeous Sharon...... the image looks fab like that and the bleeding really works!! Sometimes we really do have to sleep on these things, lol! xxx

Di said...

WOW Sharon your right the blendeed effect does look really good! and i love the rest of the layout and your faux stitching the colours are great too.

Love it

Hugs Di xxxx

Pauline C said...

This is really fab Sharon - lvoe the colouring effect and all the layers.
Pauline x

Paula said...

Oh wow this is so adorable Sharon and such fab detail.
Paula xxxx

Slideshow