Saturday, 25 July 2009

Friday Sketchers 62

Here's a card I made for the Friday Sketchers Challenge. The sketch this week is another one that is a dream to work with and the DT have made some really beautiful cards with it.

I thought I'd try to use some of that butterfly satin ribbon that I have in my stash - I seem to have had it forever and I have all sorts of shades in it. I think I bought it and then went off it really quickly. Today I've added a line of crystal stickles for a body and I think it gives the ribbon a new lease of lift.
I took an angled photo because the card looked so flat in the top photo - but (trust me) I've got some of the foam pads showing on this one. I didn't quite manage to pick up all the glittery bits on the card though.
The image was a RAK from my friend Gina. Thanks Gina, I really do love this image.
This week Friday Sketchers are sponsored by Shimmerz! So why not hop over and get your entries into this challenge?
Hope you like it and hope you're all having a great weekend.
Sharon xx

15 comments:

Sonia said...

Wow what a fab card, so glad you visted my blog now i can add you to my favourites :)Thanks for the lovely comment.
Hugs Sonia xx

Georgia said...

This is sooooo pretty Sharon, I love it! Your colouring is brilliant, I love the sheen you've put on her hair and the colours look fab! :)
Love, Georgia xx

gina g said...

Hi Sharon Gorgeous card i still love this stamp..... i love the colours you have used and the flower is beautiful. Hope you are all well. luv gina xx

Enfys said...

Fabulous Sharon, so stylish, love the colours and the image...
Have a great weekend,
luv
En x

Alysabeth said...

gorgeous card. You sure ROCKED the blues:o)

Kim Piggott said...

Fabulous card Sharon, gorgeous colours and detail!
hugs
kim x

scrappyjan said...

OH wow Sharon, What a stunning card. That image is beautiful.
have a great weekend, janny

cats whiskers said...

Hi sweetie you keep tuirning out these little beauties love this one and tjhat image is so glam
Hugs Jacqui xxx

aardvarkpest said...

Gorgeous card. I love the image and your colouring is fab. Great colours and love those little butterflies.

Glenda

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Sharon,l love the image and papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Cheryl said...

wow this is just brilliant hun love all your detail and colouiring is perfect love cheryl xxxxx

6 wacky women said...

Fabulous card, Sharon.
Love the image, beautiful colors and details.

Karen x

Christine said...

Stunning card Sharon love your colours & that image is coloured perfect.

Christine xx

Paula said...

Such a stunning card and i just love the image.
Paula xxxx

Erin said...

Beautiful card Sharon, love your colour combo & fantastic image!
Erin x

Slideshow