Sunday, 12 July 2009

Just Magnolia 13 - pretty in pink

Good Morning everyone. Now don't faint....this is my second non-dt & enter a challenge card in one week! I think I am starting to get back on top of things now (at last!)

Over at the Just Magnolia challenge this week there is a fabulous sketch by my mate Mina. I loved it Mina!
As you can see I rotated the sketch by 180 degrees. I only have a couple of oval cutters so the oval is a bit bigger than I wanted it to be, but I think the card copes with that. I'm disappointed that the black roses didn't photograph very well. Never mind, they look a bit like velvet, don't they?

The inside is not special......but I'm determined to keep decorating the insides with something. It makes it so much easier when someone needs a card in a hurry - just stamp your sentiment and off you go. I love the Bo Bunny paper....delish!

I even managed to get my hand stitching into smaller stitches this time. Usually the stitches are a bit too large. I've completely given up on my sewing machine now...it is time to retire it because the tension has totally broken.
Items Used:
Papers: Brazzill Basics (Candy Pink), Core'dinations Black Magic (Potion No 9) and Bo Bunny (Beau Jardin Blush)
Sizzix Devine Swirls embossing folder
Tilda with flower garland
Antique Rose distress ink
Black roses (on sale at hobbycraft last weekend)
Making Memories pink flowers
Ribbon combo from my stash.
Now....IF ONLY Mr Blogger would let me get onto the Just Magnolia site, I could let them know I've made a card. Grrrrr! Mr Blogger!
Sharon xx

12 comments:

Rach said...

oh wow this is fabulous what a wonderful card. hugs rachxx

nessy said...

fab sketch isn`t it?? and what an amazing card you have made using it ~so very pretty ~beautiful detail!!
blogger is driving me nuts at the moment!!(tried both windows and firefox)
vanessa xx

Kim Piggott said...

Sharon your card is just so beautiful!
Such a gorgeous image and you detail and paper just fabulous!
I checked and you have uploaded your card successfully to the JM site phew!
Thank you so much for joining us!
hugs
kim x

Kim Piggott said...

Sharon your card is just so beautiful!
Such a gorgeous image and you detail and paper just fabulous!
I checked and you have uploaded your card successfully to the JM site phew!
Thank you so much for joining us!
hugs
kim x

Tara said...

I love the card Sharon, especially the colours and those gorgeous flowers! xx

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Sharon,l love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

having a {me} day said...

Beautiful card! I love the papers you've used and all the embellishments. Fabulous!! katxx

Tab said...

Fabulous card, just love this sweet image! The colours you have used are divine too!
Hugs Tab xxx

Cheryl said...

this is a beauty hun love all the detail which is just stunning as usuall love cheryl xxxxxxxxx

6 wacky women said...

Gorgeous card, Sharon.
Beautiful details, great sketch.

Karen x

cats whiskers said...

This is stunning dear, what a great image and fab colouring
Hugs Jacqui x

Bev said...

What a gorgeous card Sharon, the colours and papers are so pretty. x

Slideshow