Sunday, 16 August 2009

2 cards today

I have been so busy over the last couple of days that this is the first time I've had the opportunity to post anything.

This first card is the the Spoonful of Sugar challenge.

I'm not sure the image is sweet enough for the challenge - but I think it's a cute dragon. I tried using crackle glaze on the dragon because I'd hoped it'd give a scale effect; I think I made the layer a bit too thin though. There are a few cracks but it isn't as good as I had hoped for.

This second card is a late posting of my One Stop Craft Challenge DT card. There is a pink and black colour challenge there this week, set by the lovely Shelley. It's okay to use white on the card too because the rules were 'as long as there is pink and black' on the card it is okay. Unfortunately all my pink card and paper was way too garish and strong in the shades of pink, so I decided to stamp as subtler background in paler pink on the white card stock.

Hope you're all having a great weekend.
Sharon xx

10 comments:

Georgia said...

These are both so gorgeous Sharon! I love the dragon image on the first one and the eyelets look fab!
I love your pink stamping on the second, and the flower is so pretty! :)
Love, Georgia xx

Nicola said...

Ooh that dragon sure is a cutie Sharon and your colouring is amazing. Love your papers and those eyelets look fab.
I always love too see your stamped backgrounds and this one is gorgeous and a perfect compliment for your floral display.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Kim Piggott said...

Wow Sharon your cards are so gorgeous!
Fabulous colours and detail!
hugs
kim x

Riet said...

What a gorgeous cards Sharon,i love the papers and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Liz, said...

Hi, two great cards and you did a fab job with the dragon.

Liz x

Cheryl said...

these are just brill hun adore the papers you have used and love the colurs too love cheryl xxx

Biscuitlid said...

Oooh Sharon, that dragon reminds me of a childhood song!

And I adore the pink and black card, the stamped backgrond is just perfect with the flowers and pin you've used. I hope I get time to have a go at this challenge this week.

Love
Victoria
x

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous cards, love the sweet image of the dragon and fab flower on the seond card.
luv
Debby

gina g said...

Hi Sharon i think the dragon is sweet too lol and the colour and flower on the second card is gorgeous. luv gina xx

Paula said...

Two more fantastic cards Sharon i just love the Dragon and the pink & black card is so elegant.
Paula xxxx

Slideshow