Sunday, 2 August 2009

A Card, Candy Links and....

.......today just gets better and better. I finally have a craft room and I moved in properly today. Yep, the old hubster cracked under the pressure of papers, gems, ribbons and crafty machines all over the place downstairs. Actually, I think it was the glitter that sealed it. lol. He even put up shelves for me! Okay, so there isn't any flooring down - but who cares! It's my crafty room.

Enough chat - here's the second card I made in my new craft room (big cheesy smile on face. You'll see the first one on Tuesday.) This card follows the wonderful sketch by the talented Jacqui for this week's Lili of the Valley Challenge. I thought I'd do something that can be used for the boys, so out came the manly colours. I used the little Sugar Nellie owl stamp that came free in July's Craft Stamper magazine. I think he looks great layered up.
The papers are a mix of Laura Ashley and Basic Grey. That trusty old Leone-Em Ash Branch punch came in handy again. The main part of the branch is hand drawn.

I've also come across quite a few Candy draws today so I'll start updating my sidebar soon. However, that uber talented girl Rach has some fabby candy on offer at the moment and it is open until 9 August. Just look at these Martha Stewart punches.


And, my lovely friend Sarita is celebrating her blogoversary with this beautiful candy. Do pop over to her blog to see her amazing creations. Sarita has a most unique style which is awesome.

12 comments:

CraftyC said...

Love this card Sharon, I've also got that owl, all be it still attached to the magazine LOL. Thanks for taking part in this weeks LOTV and congrats on making the Whimsy GDT, cant wait to be working with you, Denise is a lovely lady and her stamps are fab!!
Clairex

Pauline C said...

Gorgeous card Sharon - lvoe the cute owl - I too ahve it and haven't inked it up yet (naughty!!) love how you have hand drawn the branch and then used punched leaves 9great idea which i will try to remember (I also ahve another owl stamp who is already sitting on a branch which I have yet to use lol!!)
Hope you are keeping well. haven't visited for a while as i have been on holiday to Kent this past week. brilliant news about both the craft room and the guest DT spot - fab!
pauline x

Di said...

WOW Sharon love this how clever of you to use that leaf punch for the tree, i love your glitter moon too! Fabulous. Congrats on your DT acceptance, and how about that card pearls and swirls!!!? i did not see that one honest! ( my extra options C.C.)

Fab card

Hugs Di xxx

Rach said...

oh wow Sharon i love your card, it looks fantastic.. congratulations on the new dt post..
thank you for joining in with my blog candy. good luck. hugs rachxx

Cheryl said...

wow hun this is amazing love that owl I have that one too as I get that magazine each month but you have made a briliant job with yours hun hugs cheryl xxxxxxxx

Mina said...

love this blingy card Sharon, and you lucky thing having your own craftroom
Mina xxx

6 wacky women said...

Fabulous card, Sharon.
Love the image and all that sparkle.
Congrats on the DT and your new craft room!!

Karen x

debby4000 said...

Ahh this so cute, love the owl and all the pretty details.
Congrats on the Whimsy GDT.
luv
Debby

cats whiskers said...

Oh I love this what fantastic colouring of the great image and such a perfect paper choice, wow hun your own Craft Room bet you are in seventh heaven
Hugs Jacqui x

Kim Piggott said...

Oh that is just brilliant news! So glad you have your own crafty room!
Your card is gorgeous!
Love your fabulous design and your owl is so cute!
Loving all that glitter!
hugs
kim x

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Sharon,i love the image and papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Georgia said...

Hi Sharon,
Wow, I absolutely love your card, it's gorgeous! I really like the owl and the glittery star looks fab! I love the colours too, these are perfect for a male card! :)
Love, Georgia xx

Slideshow