Friday, 28 August 2009

Cutting it fine!

Talk about cutting it fine! I've had this item laid out in pieces for 4 days now. Well the images have been coloured for 4 days, the papers were chosen at the same time, but the sketch only came along on Tuesday. Anyway, I kept hearing this little voice from my craft room saying 'put me together please...or you'll be too late!' Not that I could do much about it. The voice called as I passed each morning on my way out to work, and then again at night when I got in from babysitting as I went up the stairs to bed.

So - I was naughty! I took some of my flexi time from work yesterday and went home an hour early so that I could do the final assembly. I'm so glad I did.


This card is based on the Inspirational Card Sketchesfabulous sketch this week. The only thing I added to the sketch was the trail of tiny punched flowers. I was so tempted to add some leaves too but I held back before I ruined the card

I'm also entering it into the Penny Black Challenge because their theme was stitching and i just couldn't resist that. Sorry I didn't have time to do my embroidery stitching. When I added the PB Hedgies to the card the white on their tummies stood out like a sore thumb. So I had to go over that white with a blush promarker.

I am in love with these bearly mine papers. I now have all 3 designer extreme volumes and the designer extreme inserts too. The papers are just sooooooo pretty! I'm so spoilt for choice every time I load one of the CDs.

Hope you like it and thanks for looking.
Sharon xx

18 comments:

Kim Piggott said...

Wow Sharon this is so beautiful!
Love your cute images so sweet and your design and paper just wonderful!
hugs
kim x

pinky said...

Its really lovely and the backing papers are perfect with the little hedgehogs.
Pinky

Helen said...

Awww....this is adorable Sharon!
Love the way you've used the sketch!
Helen x

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card, wonderful images and I love the flower trail.
luv
Debby

Nicola said...

Wow what a gorgeous card Sharon. I love those hedgies and your fab colouring and that flower trail simply rocks this wonderful creation.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Tara said...

Naughty, naughty, skiving off work! Well worth it though to get this little beauty finished, it's so sweet! Don't you find that when you lay everything out and make a start on a card, if you don't finish it that night it becomes more difficult to get it done?!
Have a fab weekend ;o)
Hugs Tara xx

Kath said...

wow sharon this is gorgeous...love the pretty papers...your images are beautiful and that trail of flowers and the stitching just finish it off beautifully.......thanks for joining in the fun this week at PBSC...hugs kath xxxxx

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Sharon,i love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Cheryl said...

wow hun this is so beautiful adore those images and that paper is stunning love cheryl xxx

Paula said...

Wow this is beautiful Sharon the images are so so cute and what fab colouring.
Paula xxxx

Fink said...

I sure wish I had those hedgehogs! How cute! Thanks for playing along!

Wilma said...

this card is so gorgeous Sharon - I love the colours you have chosen:)

wendipooh13 said...

such a lovely card, love the cute lil guys and the flower trail across the card!! way to go on the IC card sketch this week!!

jo said...

This is just so cute!!! It's the first time I've seen those papers - they're gorgeous!

Terrie B x said...

Karen your card is sooo`pretty` I love those sweet flowers along with the gorgeus image..
Thanks for joining in with the ICS this week:)x

scrapnnMO said...

OH Sharon your card is absolutely breathtaking. Love the flower trail. Beautifully done! Thanks for taking the time to play along with ICS this week. :)
♥Dawn♥
Owner of ICS

Heather said...

OOOoh how cute!!! I love those images and the paper is breathtaking. sorry I am late commenting. Thanks for playing along with us at ICS

Pauline C said...

Gorgeous card Sharon - your image is so sweet and love this paper. Sorry I missed it .. but lbetter late than never lol! Thanks (belatedly!) for joining the PBSC
Pauline x

Slideshow