Monday, 17 August 2009

A frog and a mouse

I've been busy again; I have two more cards to show you all today. This first one was born from me playing about with some of my Whimsy images. I love this frog...it is so cute!

I've made this card for the ABC Challenge which is A for "Anything goes" and they think it would be nice if the card incorporated animals. The layout is based loosely on the BG sketch because I enjoyed it so much when I made the second card in this post. Cards always look so flat when the pictures are taken from the front, so here's another snap that shows the layers.

Items Used:
Whimsy Frog Stamp
DCWV Far East papers
Promarkers
Distress inks: Broken China and Pine Needles.
Butterfly stamp from the Papermania Candyfloss and Marshmallow stamp set.
Whispers Words Sentiment
Papermania square brad
Ribbons from my stash.
Glamour Dust


This next card is for the following challenges:
Whiff of Joy - colour challenge of Pink and Brown
Basic Grey Challenge- Sketch Challenge - loved it!
LOTV challenge - Charmed (It is there under the flower. I've only just noticed the wind made it swing sideways on)

Items used:
Henry Mouse Whiff Of Joy Stamp
Basic grey papers: Sugared and Offbeat
Clare Curd's Sentiment Stamp
Promarkers
Flowers and ribbons from my stash.

Thanks for looking.

Sharon xx

20 comments:

debby4000 said...

Fabulous cards but my fave has to be the frog and its brilliant colours.
luv
Debby

Georgia said...

Hi Sharon,
These are so gorgeous! I love both the images and the colours look great together! I also love the papers you've used, so pretty!
Georgia xxx

gina g said...

I just love Henry mouse he's so cute and so is the frog for that matter gorgeous cards. luv gina xx

Liz, said...

Hey, fab cards. Love them both.

Liz x

pinky said...

Two excellent cards, love the little frog, so cute and that mouse is adorable with the cupcake.
Pinky

Riet said...

What a beautiful cards Sharon,i love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

PatR said...

Such cute cards!

Vicky (Angeldrummer) said...

A beautiful card lovely papers and delightfully coloured.

Thank you for joining us on ABC this week, good luck with the prize and we look forward to you joining us for the letter B next week.

hugs Vicky x

Biscuitlid said...

both are gorgeous but I'm loving the little fella running away wih the cake!

You make such wonderful cards

Victoria
x

CraftyQT Chio said...

I love the mouse card, it's fabulous! Such a great card for all ocassions!

Kim Piggott said...

Wow Sharon two fabulous cards!
Wonderful colours and great designs!
hugs
kim x

Pauline C said...

Hi Sharon
2 fabulous cards. Love the cute froggie image and fabulous colouring, plus henry on the second one is so adorable. Love all your colorus and details. Hope you're keeping well hun
Pauline x

Helen said...

Fab cards Sharon - love the way you've layered that frog!
Thanks for joining us at the ABC Challenge this week!
Helen x

Rach said...

two fantastic cards, wonderful job, thank you for joining us at whiff of joy. hugs rachxx

Paula said...

Two fabulous cards Sharon i adore both images the frog is fantastic as is henry the mouth and both perfectly coloured.
Paula xxxx

Jane Carroll said...

fabulous

thanks for joining us this week on ABC :)

Hugs Jane x

kim-paperbabe said...

Wow, what fantastic cards Sharon, I love your take on Tara's sketch on both. Gorgeous BG papers and love your images and colouring.

Thanks for joining us at BasicGrey Challenges this week.
HuGs Kim :)

Chris said...

Gorgeous card Sharon, I love the frog image, so cute. Great take on the sketch too, the papers are so pretty. Glad you could join us at BG this time. Chris :)

Rica said...

Two fab cards Sharon, I do love Henry, but have to say I think 'Froggy' is my favourite, I just love the papers and colours and the frog is so cute.
hugs Heather xx

June Houck said...

Both cards are WONDERFUL! Thanks for the inspiration :)

Slideshow