Friday, 21 August 2009

I've been raided!

It's amazing what you can find when you start looking, isn't it? I was having a browse around my CDs looking for some inspiration when Bang! ..... there was the perfect paper I needed for my entry into the ABC challenge. I'm also entering this one into the Inspirational Card Sketches challenge which has a wonderful sketch to follow.

And I was raided last night! It's coming to something when your own family raids you when you're not at home. Daughter No 2 cleaned me out of what she calls 'funky' cards last night (by that she means ones without cute images). This card was included in the raid so I'm really pleased I got the photo before it was kidnapped. Anyway, I need to make another batch of these type of cards for the next time she raids my card stock when I'm not at home. ;o)

This week at ABC it is B is for Buttons. Look! I found a bearly mine button paper. I honestly hadn't noticed it before. But not only that, there are 2 button papers on there.


I spent an age twisting little stamens together and attaching them to the dark purple flower shaped buttons. I also found some really weird confetti flowers which I've backed the buttons onto and cut a few vellum leaves.

I hope you can see that each of the teal coloured squares are mounted on 3d pads to give depth to the card. I'm really into depth (or height) at the moment. Flat cards just look too, well, flat to me now. No doubt I'll change my thinking when it comes to making the Christmas cards that need to be posted. lol. Gotta save on the postage fees, haven't we?

Thanks for looking.

Sharon xx

22 comments:

Helen said...

Fab card Sharon! Love the button paper...gorgeous colours too!
Thaanks for joining us at the ABC Challenge this week!
Helen x

pinky said...

Excellent card, gorgeous paper, a real find. Think you need to get a lock for your craftroom makes! lol.
Pinky

Heather said...

OH WOW! This is absolutely stunning! Beautiful papers! WOW! and I love your flowers. Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us this week at ICS!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Pretty card! I love teh colors and the embellishments! TFS!

Biscuitlid said...

love that background paper. And how patient are you twisting those pearls on?

Victoria
x

Regina said...

this is gorgeous! love the papers and colors! thanks for joining us at ICS

Fran, said...

I like every thing about your card.. it is super. (lock your door!) LOL
Cheers

Dawn said...

Beautiful card - love the colours

thanks for joining us on ABC

DAwn

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Sharon,i love the colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Kim Piggott said...

Oh this is so brilliant Sharon!
Just love your gorgeous colours and your detail is perfect!
hugs
kim x

Cheryl said...

this is a great card hun love the buttons and the paper is lush too love cheryl xxxx

Dolly said...

Stunning card, love those flowers you have so much patience! Thanks for playing along at ICS.
:)x

wendipooh13 said...

ohhh very stunning, love the color choices!!! very pretty.. great job with the IC sketch this week!!!

Terrie B x said...

Your card is `beautiful` ,,TFS
Thanks for joining in with the ICS This week:)x

scrapnnMO said...

WOW stunning! Love those pearly looking flowers. Gorgeous job well done! LOVE IT! Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to play along at ICS this week.
♥Dawn♥
Owner of ICS

Karen said...

What a fabulous card and the button paper is beautiful. Thanks for joining us this week at ICS.

Karen x

Jane Carroll said...

fabulous

thanks for joining us this week on ABC :)

Hugs Jane x

Liz Weber said...

Hi Sharon, so glad you could join us at ICS this week.

Your card is devine - the colour combo, the 3D look, the gorgeous embellishments - no wonder your DD wanted to take this card.

Thanks for the inspiration!

CraftyC said...

Gorgeous card Sharon, pretty embellishments and a great take on the sketch. Thanks for taking part in this weeks ICS
Clairex

Vicky (Angeldrummer) said...

lovely
thank you so much for joining us this week on abc, i look forward to seeing your entry for C next week

Vicky x

kim-paperbabe said...

Wow Sharon,
Gorgeous card, just love your take on this weeks ICSketch and the colours and image are fantastic!!!
Know what you mean with the raiding...LOL!

Thanks ♥ for joining us this week, HuGs Kim :)

Paula said...

Such a pretty card Sharon i adore the colours and such a fab layout.
Paula xxxx

Slideshow