Sunday, 30 August 2009

Love it or hate it?

It really is dangerous when I have a bit of crafting time. I just can't help myself - I have to mess around with stamps, or card shapes, or materials or whatever else takes my fancy. This card is the result of some messing around with one of my favourite stamps. It's one of those results that you're not quite sure if you love it or hate it. I look at it once and love it, then I look back at it and I'm not sure again. I think I love it deep down (because it is different). I created the card for the ABC challenge this week which is 'C is for Circles'. The circles are on the pinky/lilacy backing paper, the image is stamped on circle nesties and if I push the theme, the gems and pearl brads are also circles. lol.
I love to see Santa's face in black ink on white card because it really brings out the fine details of the stamp. I also think that when Santa's face is coloured up it brings the image to life. I'm still not sure this layering technique works well with this image; but I gave it a try.
Bearly Mine Papers
Prima Flowers
Papermania Gems and Brads
Woodware Leaf Punch
Rubber Stampede Santa Collage Stamp
Promarkers
Thanks for looking.
Sharon xx

15 comments:

Kim Piggott said...

Wow I totally love it Sharon!
This is just gorgeous love that Santa and your design and detail is just fabulous!
hugs
kim x

Paula said...

Well i love it Sharon wow the colours are fabulous and i love how you have layerd him such a fantastic card.
Paula xxxx

Tara said...

Love it Sharon! It works perfectly and in those pastel colours it makes for a really unusual Christmas card which is always good in my book!
Kepp experimenting clever clogs - the results are worth it!!
Hugs Tara xx

Cat said...

OMGosh! This card is Gorgeous! Love the colors and details!

joey said...

Hiya Sharon

OH MY GOSH I LOVE IT!!!!!!! what a gorgeous card, you have totally inspired me with this, love the colours, and gorgeous layering of santa.

Joey.xxx

scrappyjan said...

Well I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! and different it is!!! GORGEOUS!!! like as in this is a WOW me card..
have a great day Sharon.
hugs, janiel

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Sharon,i love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Dawn said...

Stunning card - love that Santa

thanks for joining us on ABC

Dawn

Biscuitlid said...

i love it because it's simply so very different and I like different. Well done for trying something new, always good to see something to get the grey matter working!

Victoria
x

Cheryl said...

love this hun its just briliant I have that stamp and adore it as you say its so unusual and love the old type of xmas stamps truly stunning hun hugs cheryl xxxxxxx

June said...

Wow this is so different I love this, that stampwas a very popular one last year, you have made it look so beautiful xxxxx

Helen said...

Love it! You've even managed to make me like this stamp...he usually creeps me out! lol
Thanks for joining us at the ABC Challenge this week!
Helen x

Glenda T. said...

Well I always love things that are different so my vote is YES!!! I love the different color scheme and I love the layers!!!

Pauline C said...

Love it - it's a really funky new take on that stamp - nice one!
Pauline x

Mandi said...

LOE this card and what you have done with the Santa face, he looks amazing
I have this image and never usually colour it but you have inspired me!

mandi xx

Slideshow