Wednesday, 19 August 2009

One frazzled blogger

It's been one of those nights as I write this post for scheduling. It seems I get less and less time to do the things I need to every night now. By the time I'm home from work, finish a few bits of crafty stuff for friends, done some cleaning and maybe a bit of washing or ironing, and either babysiting or, like tonight, answering the phone to my sister, then prepared, cooked and eaten tea, it's at least 10.30pm before I know it. So after creating a post on my blog it's off to bed again. I keep thinking things will calm down soon and I'll get time to do some proper blogging (or just have time to relax) but life takes over every single night and I'm chasing my tail again. Never mind - surely it can only get better.

The good news is that my grandson Oscar is now 4lb 2oz and he's out of an incubator and in a cot. He's also been promoted out of intensive care into special care and today he had his first real bath. Kind of puts everything in perspective when I hear how the little fella is coming along. It's been a long old slog but he's really improving by the day now.

Okay, enough chatter. This card was made for the Sketch Saturday (a wonderful sketch) and the Penny Black (colours: blue cream and tan) challenges. I loved making this card and was surprised at the end of it to see that I hadn't used a single piece of patterned paper. I even managed to keep the image coloured in the gorgeous PB challenge colours. I quite like that look.

Hope you're all have a fab week.
Thanks for looking,
Sharon xx

10 comments:

pinky said...

Wow no patterned paper and its stunning, really lets the image shine! Glad to hear about Oscar, excellent news. Know what you mean about chasing your tale. I was the same and took 2 years career break and now I'm entering my third lol. Don't know how I had time to fit a job in but do miss the regular wage.
Pinky

joey said...

Hiya Sharon,

awwww I am so chuffed little Oscar is doing so well :O)

your card is gorgeous, I love these colours together, I have an image ready to go just if I get time now! lol.

Hope things calm down for you soon!

Joey.xxx

Kim Piggott said...

Sharon I so know what you mean about chasing tail nightmare!
I am thrilled that baby Oscar is doing so well and his first proper bath how wonderful!
I love your cute card!
Your image is just so sweet and your paper is gorgeous!
Take care.
hugs
kim x

Tara said...

Such a sweet card Sharon and the image is just adorable!
So glad to hear that Oscar continues to improve..... you must be so proud...... what a fighter heh?
Check out the ABC challenge for a nice surprise hun ;o)
Hugs Tara xx

Cath said...

Bravo cette carte est très jolie.

Georgia said...

Hi Sharon,
Fantastic card! I love the image, it's so sweet and the colours look great! So glad to hear that Oscar's on his way home. :)
Georgia xx

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Sharon,i love the image and colours.

Hugs Riet,z

Kath said...

nice to see you back Sharon and with such a gorgeous card...great take on the colour combo and great to hear that baby Oscar is doing so well...little poppet....hugs kath xxxxx

Pauline C said...

Wow Sharon this is adorable hun! Fantastic image to keep in line iwth the challenge coloru scheme (I used a mouse with flower too lol!) and love your layout, sentiment and punching. I so know what you mean hun about chasing tail .... this is me sitting down for a 10 minute blog at .. er...10.38pm pmsl!! So glad to hear Oscar is doing so well.
Take care, and thanks for joining in this week's PBSC
Pauline x

Sam said...

Fab card, just goes to show you don't need patterned paper but I still can't help myself!
Know what you mean about chasing your tail, fortunately I get a lot of holidays working in a school but need to work to fund my habit LOL
Great news about your grandson.
Sam x

Slideshow