Saturday, 1 August 2009

Pearls and Swirls

It's time for the One Stop Craft Challenge again and this week the talented Paula has set the theme for us. She's chosen the wonderful combination of pearls and swirls.

I love using pearls and swirls. For my card I decided to keep things fairly simple because I've made a few cards recently that seem to have an "explosion" of papers and strong colours on them.

The first thing I did was to stamp the big corner swirl from the Creative Expressions Swirl stamp set. I used a Tim Holtz Antique Linen ink pad, and because it turned out a lovely pale golden colour on the white card, I chose that as the colour scheme. I filled in to the edge of the card with one of my peg stamps in the same ink.

The sentiment stamp is a Penny Black one called 'Kindness', again stamped in Antique Linen ink (with the peg stamp again around the outside). This was matted onto some gold mirror card and attached at a jaunty angle with Stix 3d foam pads. The swirls in the top corners are from part of a paper pricking brass stencil and I've used gold embroidery thread to sew the pricked hole pattern.

The stick on pearls are from my stash and I used several different sizes. The organza ribbon is a Laura Ashley one.

Hope you like it. Hop over to the challenge blog for some more pearl and swirl inspiration from the rest of the fabulous design team.

Sharon xx

10 comments:

Donalda said...

wow dear you have sure uploaded some gorgeous creations since my last visit, All so lovely. Hope you are doing well dear Big hugs

Paula said...

So beautiful Sharon the colours are stunning and the detail of the swirls and pearls is fab.
Paula xxxx

Helen said...

Absolutely beautiful! Gorgeous colour!
Helen x

Donna said...

I love this card Sharon, those swirls are beautiful. Enjoy your weekend. Donna x

Kim Piggott said...

Sharon this is so beautiful!
Fabulous design and gorgeous colours!
hugs
kim x

Faye said...

Sharon, your swirls and flourishes are truly elegant. This card is so beautiful. The simple color scheme is just perfect so that the design gets all the attention.

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Sharon.

Hugs Riet.x

Sarpreet said...

Gorgeous card, love the swirls, just purely fabulous

Juls said...

gorgeous! very elegant! love the stitching detail!

Pauline C said...

Wow this is gorgeous Sharon - so stylish and classy. Love it!
Pauline x

Slideshow